Thread: Apex/Fusion Disconnect Issues

Frequent Visitor

Apex/Fusion Disconnect Issues

I was wondering if anyone else has issues with their Apex losing network connection every once in a while.
    At times my Apex will lose its connection to Fusion and I also cant ping it locally on my network or web into it via the local IP address either.

When this happens I know my internet is fine because other devices are on and able to get out. I reseat the network cable and reset the switch, but it doesn't come back online.

The only way for me to get it back is to reboot it, or pull the aquabus cables from the head unit.

Any ideas why this would happen?...Doesn't seem like a local network/internet issue.

Thanks!

It is very common. There are various causes postulated and no doubt the reason varies between users. I personally believe that the Apex likes clean power, and my own network disconnect issues disappeared after I put the system on a UPS, but this is anecdotal. Another common cause that can be invisible is intermittent IP address conflicts with other devices on your home network. (Which will often be resolved, at least temporarily, by rebooting the Apex.) Some devices don't behave properly, and some routers don't always handle DHCP well. I have also had issues with this, for the Apex and also other devices at home. Often this can be resolved by setting your Apex to a static IP address outside of your router's DHCP range, and then setting an address reservation for the Apex and that address in your router.

Frequent Visitor
    I am going to plug mine into a UPS within the week and see if that helps to resolve any of those issues.
    I know there are no DHCP conflicts and I have mine set static already outside of my DHCP scope.

It would be great if you could followup here in a month or so and tell us if adding the UPS resolves the issue for you.

Frequent Visitor
    Will do for sure!!!

My thing I don't get is why it never reconnects unless i reboot or reset it.

Frequent Visitor
    So I have everything plugged into a UPS now for 3 days.
    Then yesterday it happened again, lost connection to Fusion, home network....I had to reboot it for it to come back online.

Any thoughts? Should I open a case with Neptune?