Thread: Alkalinity Input from RedSea test

Regular Vistor

Alkalinity Input from RedSea test

So tonight I measured a DKH of 14 or meg/l of 5.00.

Trying to enter this in with the Red Sea kit selected... I can only enter in a reading at a low of .38 or a high of 1.0. This doesn't match anything the kit tells you.

If I enter 1.0 it gives a result of 14dKH which is what I measured. This makes zero sense.

exhibit A to show this:
    dkh1jpg.jpg

Then if I Set the Test Kit to None I can choose what reading, be it dKH, meg/L, or ppm.

In this case if I choose to record meg/L and enter in 5.00 (based off the test results) it will show a result of 14dKH which is right.

dkh2.jpg

If I choose to enter dKH it just returns a result of 14 dKH doesn't convert it to meg/L.
    dkh3.jpg

Am I missing something with the Red Sea test kit entry? Or should I stick to a Test Kit of "none" and then enter in the meg/L converted from the test results?

or are these fields bugged?

The RedSea test kit options in APEX Fusion are for the RedSea Pro kits; If you have a non-Pro kit, enter the test results using the Test Kit: None option.

The Alk / Test Kit: none option automatically converts ppm and meq/l to dKh, dKh being the most widely used unit of measure in the hobby for total alkalinity measurements
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The RedSea test kit options in APEX Fusion are for the RedSea Pro kits; If you have a non-Pro kit, enter the test results using the Test Kit: None option.

The Alk / Test Kit: none option automatically converts ppm and meq/l to dKh, dKh being the most widely used unit of measure in the hobby for total alkalinity measurements
    Thanks RussM, easy answer