Thread: Defer only when Feed D

Regular Vistor

Defer only when Feed D

Feed D is my water change and I only want it to defer 60 when I water change. The current code makes it defer 60 when it turn back on from off. I want it to defer 005 when both Switches go from closed to open. Any suggestions. Thanks

(Skimmer)
    Fallback ON
    Set ON
    If Sw2Top CLOSED Then OFF
    If Sw3Bot CLOSED Then OFF
    If FeedD 005 Then OFF
    Defer 060:00 Then ON

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Set up a VO that has the feed D and the defer then reference the VO in your outlet code

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogfish View Post
    Set up a VO that has the feed D and the defer then reference the VO in your outlet code
    Thank you. Can you give me an example of calling a VO in an outlet and sample of a Vo. I’ve never done a VO before. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Skimmer)
    Fallback ON
    Set ON
    If FeedD 055 Then OFF
    Defer 005:00 Then ON

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    (Skimmer)
    Fallback ON
    Set ON
    If FeedD 055 Then OFF
    Defer 005:00 Then ON

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.
    The reason I had feedd for 5 minutes is that I want everything else to come back on. Heaters, return pump, etc. giving my skimmer 60 minutes to wait until the water settles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are two parameters to a Feed cycle. The default duration is defined under Configuration, Misc Setup on the classic dashboard. Then there is the additional duration parameter that can be used to individually tailor separate outlets using the same Feed. So, in zombies code, once the Feed default ends, your pumps,etc will come back on. But your skimmer outlet will stay off for an additional 60 minutes (55 + 5 defer).

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    There are two parameters to a Feed cycle. The default duration is defined under Configuration, Misc Setup on the classic dashboard. Then there is the additional duration parameter that can be used to individually tailor separate outlets using the same Feed. So, in zombies code, once the Feed default ends, your pumps,etc will come back on. But your skimmer outlet will stay off for an additional 60 minutes (55 + 5 defer).
    Ok. I thought your defer time had to match what it’s listed in the settings. So I can still have 5 min on feed d for all of my equipment except for skimmer which will be 55+5.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iansu View Post
    Ok. I thought your defer time had to match what it’s listed in the settings. So I can still have 5 min on feed d for all of my equipment except for skimmer which will be 55+5.

Thanks

The defer is not needed for the Feed, it can be anything. I assume you have that because of the switches. But it applies to the whole outlet, so you need to account for it. The skimmer will actually stay off for a total time of 65 minutes if you have FeedD defined as 5 min. Feed duration + extra 55 + 5 defer. So once the FeedD ends after 5 min, your other outlets that don't use any extra delays will turn back on, while the skimmer will delay for 60 minutes.

Regular Vistor
    The defer is not needed for the Feed, it can be anything. I assume you have that because of the switches. But it applies to the whole outlet, so you need to account for it. The skimmer will actually stay off for a total time of 65 minutes if you have FeedD defined as 5 min. Feed duration + extra 55 + 5 defer. So once the FeedD ends after 5 min, your other outlets that don't use any extra delays will turn back on, while the skimmer will delay for 60 minutes.
    Sorry I meant to say the time for the feedd not defer. If my time in settings for feed d is 5 min. And I put 55 min for feed d in my skimmer code. It will still recognize it?

I apologize the learning curve. Ive only had my apex less than a month.

The command is setup to add additional time, not override it. So:

If FeedD 055 Then OFF

means run FeedD (duration as setup in settings) then add 55 minutes extra just for this outlet. This allows the exact scenario that you want. Where you want multiple outlets to shut off simultaneously, but run for different total duration.

Frequent Visitor
    I strongly suggest you download the manual that explains commands like defer and Feed. It can be found in the Neptune links at the top of the page.

Regular Vistor
    The command is setup to add additional time, not override it. So:

If FeedD 055 Then OFF

means run FeedD (duration as setup in settings) then add 55 minutes extra just for this outlet. This allows the exact scenario that you want. Where you want multiple outlets to shut off simultaneously, but run for different total duration.
    Thank you for help.