Thread: Im trying to add a 2nd Radion 30 G4 Pro to my WXM

Regular Vistor

Im trying to add a 2nd Radion 30 G4 Pro to my WXM

Im trying to add a 2nd radion to my APEX.

My APEX is v4.53
    WXM is v 1.14, RF v 1.2
    Radion 1 V 2.2.15

Whatever I do I cant seem to add the 2nd Radion.

Ive followed the instructions to "Attach Radions" but it will only attach my original one. Ive even tried deleting the module, added it back to the module list, "Reset Radions" then "Attach Radion" and it only attaches the 1 not both.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Watching. (Just ordered 3 Radions and I hope I can get them synced without too much hassle.)

Regular Vistor
    @rkpetersen FYI when I got into my office (thats where my tank is) my 2nd radion was on. So I went back into the webinterface and was able to add the 2nd radion but I did have to "reset radions" then attached "radion" I actually had to do it a couple of times the 1st time it was added to Fusion but it was "missing." Once it saw both I was able to add the tiles and set up my light schedule that Ive been using.

Thanks. Glad you got them working. I had heard that sometimes you have to try a few times to get it all to 'stick'. We'll see.

I have a ridiculous number of wireless devices in my home network. Even with some 'advanced' router manipulation that is supposed to increased stability, I still see weird and unexplained glitches on different devices at different times. Extremely frustrating as none of it is due to anything that I've done incorrectly. Might be I need to replace my router but that's a headache I don't need to deal with quite yet.

And now I'll be adding more wireless devices. I hope they have a strong signal detection capability (better than my Hydra 26HDs); I really don't want to add another wifi signal extender.

Follow up: got three Radion XR 15's. First tried to connect and configure them through the eco tech Reef link system. It was a complete flail. Sometimes it would connect, sometimes it would disconnect, sometimes it would hang and fail to update programming, and so on and so on and so on. I struggled with this for an hour and a half. Lots of custom features with EcoSmart Live, but it's of no use if it doesn't work.

I was going to just hook up my radions with a USB cable to my desktop computer and see if I can program them that way. But at this point, I was really tired of dealing with ecotech software. So, I thought I'd try out the apex/WXM interface instead.

After updating the WXM firmware and RF driver, all 3 radions reset and attached perfectly. I picked out an AB+ lighting scheme that someone else had uploaded. I was done with the whole thing in less than five minutes.

My experience with both the Vortechs and now the Radions has been so much more pleasant and productive with the Apex software as compared to Ecotech's own software. Ecotech should add to the top of their Radion software documentation "If Neptune Apex integration is planned, ignore the following and proceed directly to those instructions."