Thread: ATO alarm goes off even when alarm is turned off

New User

ATO alarm goes off even when alarm is turned off

So my alarm is set up to text me when there are issues with my ATO among others. When ever I do water changes or feedings I always get a text saying that switch two is closed (to much water) it is so annoying. Even if I manually turn off alarm on the dashboard I still get the alarm.

here is my alarm code
    Set OFF
    If Tmp > 82.0 Then ON
    If Tmp < 74.0 Then ON
    If Error AutoTopOff Then ON
    If Swx9_2 CLOSED Then ON

I would love to put an "and" statement with the switch closed to say.... if switch9 closed and feed a or feed b not on then on but you can't use and statements.

Can I get some help with why I keep getting text even with the alarm manually set to off though?

*update* If I have the e-mail alarm off and then a minute or so later hit feedA then I do not get the text message saying switch9 is closed. So I guess it just doesn't update fast enough? that is interesting because it takes about 15 to 20 seconds before switch9 is hit by water when I turn off the pumps.

Your profile says that you have an Apex Classic. So I assume you have a display unit; as such there are three alarm outlets (Email, Alert, Warn) The Alert and Warn are for audible alarms. So is the listed code for one of the audible alarms or email? It sounds to me like you are turning off an audible outlet but not the email outlet. When you do water changes or feedings are you using the Feed cycle functionality? If so, you could add that the the alarm outlets to keep them off.

New User
    This is the code for the e-mail alarm which is the one that will text you as far as I know. I tried setting a statement in the alarm code to turn it off during the feed but that doesn't work because the sw9 closed makes it turn on.

Set OFF
    If feedA 000 Then OFF
    If FeedB 000 Then OFF
    If Tmp > 82.0 Then ON
    If Tmp < 74.0 Then ON
    If Error AutoTopOff Then ON
    If Swx9_2 CLOSED Then ON

with this the first two lines of code tells the alarm to turn off but then once the program hits the last line of code "If Swx9_2 CLOSED Then ON" it turns the alarm on. I was hoping that manually turning off the alarm would help but it does not. I can even see in my dashboard that the alarm is manually turned off but I still get the text from the last line of code. =(

Move those Feed commands to the bottom. Code is executed top to bottom, last TRUE statement prevails.

Not sure why you would get email if the outlet is manually set off. That is not supposed to happen.

New User
    I am stupid. I should of known better, and put the feed statements at the bottom. Will try this out and see if it works. Thanks.