Thread: Manual ATO using 2 Solenoids

New User

Manual ATO using 2 Solenoids

I'm a beginner with the apex system. I currently have my RODI system piped directly into the sump I supply top off water manually with a valve. I have 2 24v apex solenoids pipe inline from RODI to the sump. I would like to set up a program to open both solenoids for a predetermined amount of time then close them both. Can i set it up like a feed mode with a button? Eventually I want it to work with an optical sensor to make it a fully automated ATO in the futureIMG_20180225_151224038.jpg.

Yes, you can do it with a Feed cycle. Pick one of the 4 Feed cycles (A, B, C, or D), then set the Feed? Interval for that Feed cycle to the length of time (in minutes) you want to use. You do this on the Misc settings page using either APEX Local or APEX Fusion. Let's say you use FeedB and want the top-off process to last 15 minutes. Use 15 in the FeedB Interval, then program one solenoid output like this:
    [Solenoid1]
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If FeedB 000 Then ON

The second solenoid may be programmed exactly the same, or you can make it mirror the ON/OFF state of Solenoid1, like this:
    [Solenoid2]
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Output Solenoid1 = ON Then ON

There's no functional difference between the two.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Thank You very much! I was able to increase the time on my feed cycle B. This would be my first time programing could you point to a beginners guide to programing? Would I copy what you have listed under solenoid 1 into the configuration for Solenoid #1?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicksreef View Post
    Thank You very much! I was able to increase the time on my feed cycle B. This would be my first time programing could you point to a beginners guide to programing? Would I copy what you have listed under solenoid 1 into the configuration for Solenoid #1?
    Feed cycle length is in misc setup.

I would not copy the code from solenoid 1 to solenoid 2. Use the code he gave but change the name in the code to whatever you actually named solenoid 1. This way if you need to change the code, you only have to edit solenoid 1 instead of both.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.