Thread: Fallback on 1ink 24V ports?

Frequent Visitor

Fallback on 1ink 24V ports?

I was working on transferring all of my equipment and programming from an Apex classic to a 2016 today. I am not 100% sure but it appeared that the 24V port on my 1link module turned on when i removed the aquabus cable. Do these ports take advantage of the fallback command? I can add it to my program but what to make sure it works.

I would like to know if someone can confirm this as well, although it may be in the documentation somewhere. I do use the Fallback OFF statement for both 1Link (DOS) and 24V (ATK) devices.

Frequent Visitor
    I just did a test and I don't think it does anything. I removed the aquabus cable from the 1link module with a Fallback ON and a Fallback OFF command and both times the 24v port remained off.

Neptune has already identified and fixed the cause of Fallback not working as intended on some FMMs. Updated FMM firmware will be part of the next AOS/firmware releases for Apex (2016) and Apex Classics.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Does this apply to the 1LNK module as well? That is what I did my test on, not a FMM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotfrogs View Post
    Does this apply to the 1LNK module as well? That is what I did my test on, not a FMM.
    Fallback does not kick in immediately upon disconnecting the AquaBus cable. How long did you wait? Did you wait until the 1LINK Status LED started flashing? It takes about 100 seconds for Fallback to kick in for a 1LINK Module.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rkpetersen View Post
    I would like to know if someone can confirm this as well, although it may be in the documentation somewhere. I do use the Fallback OFF statement for both 1Link (DOS) and 24V (ATK) devices.
    The DOS does not support user-defined Fallback. It is hard-coded to Fallback OFF as a safety measure. You can include Fallback OFF in your program if you want, but it will be ignored.

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...About-FALLBACK

Ah of course Russ; I had read that faq before but subsequently forgot that the DOS automatically falls back to off. But I may just leave the line there as a reminder that that is what it will do.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks Russ. I probably did not wait that long, probably only 30-40 seconds. I will give it another try.

Frequent Visitor
    Well I repeated the test and got an outcome I was totally not expecting. The output became unstable with Fallback On enabled. Once the command became active the 24V valve I had connected just started bouncing open and closed. Appears the module is not able to hold an open state without getting power from the aquabus (even with the 24 line attached).