Thread: Failed Creating ARP Table Entry...

New User

Failed Creating ARP Table Entry...

Ok, so I bought an Apex Lite many years ago and due to life and such I'm just setting up my tank and my Apex. It's running firmware 4.04 and I want to upgrade it to the newest version. I keep getting this error along with a pop-up telling me the same. I've tried everything and nothing works. I've tried:

1. Moving my router down to the tank room and plugging the controller into it as well as my laptop - Failed Creating ARP Table Entry...
    2. Following the instructions for a direct connection between the controller and laptop - Failed Creating ARP Table Entry...
    3. Ensured that I have .Net 3.5 working and that all settings are correct - Failed Creating ARP Table Entry...
    4. Restarting both the units and laptop after every change - Failed Creating ARP Table Entry...
    5. Using telnet to get into the controller to run the noarp command - That just failed miserably, I keep getting "Press Any Key To Continue..." and when I do I get booted out.

There is not a lot information I can find on this aside from all of the things I've tried. Please help!

error.jpg

That message means there isn't a proper network connection to the apex. From the display enable DHCP then reboot the apex. Make sure your computer has WiFi disabled and can surf the internet from the Ethernet connection.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    But why would that happen with a direct connection to the unit? I'll give it a whirl and report back.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fishdisease View Post
    But why would that happen with a direct connection to the unit? I'll give it a whirl and report back.

Thanks
    Because the network settings have to line up in order to get a communication channel through and Apex lite and classic need to be rebooted with DHCP enabled in order to automatically pull the correct settings from the router (your laptop does this automatically, but the apex doesnt)

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Ok, so that didn't work. Here is exactly what I did.

1. Moved my apex (EB8, Controller & Display) upstairs next to the router and plugged it in directly to an available port.
    2. Disabled wireless on my laptop and plugged it in to another available port on my router.
    3. Restarted my laptop into safe mode with networking
    4. Enabled DHCP and restarted the apex
    5. Ran the Flash Utility and got the same error.

However, I then repeated those steps and DISABLED the DHCP and it worked!

When I did these steps I actually did one step at a time then ran the utility to ensure that I could figure out what the winning combo was. Yes, I've been doing this now for almost 2 hours, but I like to understand things. The key for my machine was running it in safe mode with networking. Even though I had disabled both my firewall and anti-virus I needed to be in safe mode to make the difference. Hopefully this will make someone else's life easier.