Thread: ASM not reading PAR

Frequent Visitor

ASM not reading PAR

I bought a PMK a few months back and am finally getting around to installing it. Hooked it up per instructions and PAR reads ZERO. No changes at all. I updated firmware just in case even though it was up to date and it still reads zero.

ASM par 3.PNG
    ASM Par.PNG

Frequent Visitor
    Ok, have it working now. I ended up unplugging aquabus cable for about 5 minutes and unplugged the par sensor from the ASM module. Plugged in the aquabus cable, waited 5 minutes, then plugged in the sensor. It now registers a reading.

HOWEVER... it reads what I believe is really low for the lighting I have. It maxes out at around 150 +/- in the middle of my tank during peak lighting setup.
    Tank is 48"x24"x24" sensor approximately 12" from surface, lights are above water surface approximately 10".

Lights are a hybrid setup (2) Radion XR15 AB+ settings with maximum intensity of 60% and an Aquatic Life Dimmable DX18 (4) 48" T5 Bulbs (2 aquablue special, 1 blue plus, 1 coral plus, and 1 acitinic at 100% near midday for a couple hours).

Seems really low for the lighting, especially as I have seen par readings that indicate the radions should be giving close to 250+ at 60% of a AB+ schedule at the depth I have the meter.

Thoughts? (Lighting in photos is not at peak hours - just a reference of the setup)
    Lights.jpgTank 2.jpg

Regular Vistor
    I am having the exact same issue on the PMK reading 0 par after install. I will try your suggestions.

Unfortunately I don’t have an opinion on what your Par should be. However I don’t think 150 is terribly low for that setup. But that’s just a guess.