Thread: Program slow startup after feeding schedule

Regular Vistor

Program slow startup after feeding schedule

Hi,

Do anyone know or have a script for the COR to slowly startup after a feeding or after maintenance? Mine comes up at full speed. I was thinking it would start at 5% and go up slowly +10 percent every 5 minutes or something like that?

Thanks
    Tinh

When asking for assistance with modification or enhancements to existing programming, please always post the applicable programming up front, and also post other programming which may be pertinent, such as if you use a virtual outlet for controlling feeding, that programming is needed too. This allows the other users here to give you tailored and specific advice rather than us making assumptions and/or giving generic advice.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Sorry, Here's my current code:

vFeed:
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Time 11:00 to 10:01 Then ON
    If Time 22:00 to 22:01 Then ON

Feeder:
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    OSC 000:00/000:30/000:30 Then ON
    If FeedA 000 Then OFF
    Defer 001:00 Then ON
    If Output vFeed = ON Then ON
    Defer 000:05 Then OFF

COR15:
    Fallback ON
    tdata 01:00:00,0,0,90,2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    If LEAK1 CLOSED Then OFF
    If LEAK2 CLOSED Then OFF
    If FeedA 000 Then OFF
    If Output vFeed = ON Then OFF
    Defer 010:00 Then ON

I went through the setup IQ my min is set to 15% and max is set to 65%.

Your feeder code needs some changes as well so I am showing those too. I assume you want your return OFF for 10 minutes during feeding in these changes. Define a profile of type ramp that goes from 1 to 90 over whatever timespan you want (I suggest 1 minute but you can go longer if you want).

vFeed:

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Time 11:00 to 10:09 Then ON
    If Time 22:00 to 22:09 Then ON
    If FeedA 000 Then ON

Feeder:
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF

COR15:
    Fallback ON
    Set profilename
    If LEAK1 CLOSED Then OFF
    If LEAK2 CLOSED Then OFF
    If Output vFeed = ON Then OFF

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Thanks Zombie,

Do I need this tdata to set my pump for 90% after full ramp?
    tdata 01:00:00,0,0,90,2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

Assume I will need to add the following for 10m delay after feeding has been deatctivated?

Defer 010:00 then On

Nope. The Tdata is unnecessary unless you plan on varying the intensity throughout the day. The defer is also unnecessary because the feed times were adjusted so the return would still be off for 10 minutes without it that anyway.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Quote Originally Posted by tinhorama View Post
    Do I need this tdata to set my pump for 90% after full ramp?
    No. zombie replaced that tdata line with Set profilename.

If you have done the IQ-Level adjustment, which tailors the minimum (1%) and maximum (100% or ON) values of the COR for your system, why are you using 90%? If your IQ-Levels are set properly, you should be using 100% (not 90%) for the normal programming, and 1% (not OFF) for the times of feeding. If you do not shut off the pump during feeding time, and just let it run at the minimum/1% speed, there is little value in doing a slow ramp up. You won't get the mass of bubbles upon pump restart if you don't stop the pump and instead keep the water column full but not moving water, which is waht how the 1%/min IQ-Level setting is for.

Quote Originally Posted by tinhorama View Post
    Assume I will need to add the following for 10m delay after feeding has been deactivated?

Defer 010:00 then On
    You could do that, but the better way, IMO, is to use a longer If Time, which zombie also (sort of) did in the code he gave you. I say "sort of", because he didn't catch a mistake you had made, so his code for vFeed is wrong too.

You had:

vFeed:
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Time 11:00 to 10:01 Then ON
    If Time 22:00 to 22:01 Then ON

In this code, you had vFeed being ON nearly around the clock.... If Time 11:00 to 10:01 Then ON made the vFeed VO be ON from 11am each day until 10:02 the following day... 23+ hours. The other If Time line did nothing useful, because the outlet was already on at 22:00 due to the error in the previous line.

Here is zombie's modification to vFeed:

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Time 11:00 to 10:09 Then ON
    If FeedA 000 Then ON

See how he changed the ##:01 in your code to ##:09 in the second time parameter of both If Time statements? The intent was to extend the time the vFeed virtual output is ON to 10 minutes, thereby giving you the 10 minutes of the return pump being OFF. (Do you want to know why ##:00 - ##-09 is 10 minutes, not 9 minutes? Read this: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...ll=1#post97230 )

Below, I will give you the code you can use which a) fixes the If Time error, and b), properly handles the COR speed programming based on your IQ-Level, and c) removes Fallback statements from the vFeed and the AFS outputs, since Fallback does not apply to either of those output types. More about Fallback: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...About-FALLBACK

[vFeed]
    Set OFF
    If Time 10:00 to 10:09 Then ON
    If FeedA 000 Then ON

[Feeder]
    Set OFF

[COR15]
    Fallback 100 // or use Fallback ON. For a COR, Fallback 100 and Fallback 100 are functionally the same
    Set 100 // or use Set ON. For a COR, Set ON and Set 100 are functionally the same
    If LEAK1 CLOSED Then OFF
    If LEAK2 CLOSED Then OFF
    If Output vFeed = ON Then 1

I cannot tell if you want the morning feeding at 10AM or 11AM; I used 10AM. If you want it to happen at 11AM, edit If Time 10:00 to 10:09 Then ON accordingly.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Thanks Russ, I agree with you that I should set the pump to 1 instead off. When I shut it off during feeding I get all those air bubbles.

[COR15]
    Fallback 100 // or use Fallback ON. For a COR, Fallback 100 and Fallback 100 are functionally the same
    Set 100 // or use Set ON. For a COR, Set ON and Set 100 are functionally the same
    If LEAK1 CLOSED Then OFF
    If LEAK2 CLOSED Then OFF
    If Output vFeed = ON Then 1

I figured out my mistake on the vFeed as well, I was wondering why it kept turning on when I set it to auto.

Frequent Visitor
    Russ, I get your input about setting the pump(s) to 001 during feed rather than off. Mine are still too strong for feed mode so I do prefer off. Can you offer input on the Set Ramp_Up (or similar) profile?
    I'm unable to get a Set statement to save into my COR's advanced lines. Add it, hit save, upload. Gone.

thanks

Frequent Visitor
    Update - got the answer elsewhere, have to enter Set into Basic View, not Configuration. Which is obtuse and silly to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images