Thread: How to add a second eb832 to fusion

Regular Vistor

How to add a second eb832 to fusion

I just purchased another eb832 for my aquarium upstairs and cant seem to connect it to fusion. I followed the steps as a new install but when i get to apex local my current running eb832 appears. I can only link through wifi

Frequent Visitor
    You just connect the new eb832 via aquabus cable and the apex will auto detect it. Then in fusion you have to add the new rules to the dashboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Regular Vistor
    Thanks for the reply, I can only link through wifi.

You cannot "connect a new module to APEX Fusion". APEX Fusion is a web site out on the Internet; the Apex itself communicates with APEX Fusion, and tells APEX Fusion all about your system, including what modules are connected. To add a new EnergyBar to an existing system, you just connect that EB to your Apex system using an Aquabus cable, and plug the EB power cord into an electrical outlet. The Apex will then recognize the new modules, and in turn, inform APEX Fusion. Regardless of which user interface you are using (APEX Local or APEX Fusion), new modules should appear in the Modules view and their corresponding outputs and/or inputs will appear either on the dashboard or in the unused tiles area.

Quote Originally Posted by tiatank View Post
    when i get to apex local my current running eb832 appears.
    That's expected... you should still see the original EB832. Are you saying that you do not see any indications of the second EB832? Is the status LED of the new EB832 solid orange, or is it flashing? If it is solid orange, check the Modules list; click the Apex name in the upper left of the dashboard, then choose Modules from the drop-down menu. Is more than one EB832 listed? If so, note the Aquabus address of the second EB832 listed in the Addr column. Then go to the dashboard and look for the EB832 Watts/Amps/Volts tile having a name of EB832_# where # is the Aquabus address. If you see that, then you should also see the sliders tiles for the EB832's eight AC outlets and its twoDC24 ports. If you don't see this on the dashboard, click the Lock icon to enter the unused tiles area and look in there.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    It's a new eb832 going onto a new aquarium upstairs. I cannot add a cable to my older eb832 because that would require me to drill a hole in my hardwood and tear the ceiling down in the basement and that's not happening. The light was blue on the wifi thing as I was setting up as a new controller then turned orange but when I got to the next step my original controller popped up and nothing in the tile area. Sorry I'm not familiar with all the names of stuff I only had the original controller since august. So are you saying I absolutely cannot hook up the new eb832 unless I find a way to plug it in to the basement eb832

An EB832 cannot function as a stand-alone device; it must be connected to an Apex base unit (or the brain, as some call it) using an Aquabus cable.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    I have everything, I bought a whole new controller with the probes and wifi connection thing.

You only mentioned a second EB832 previously, not another full system. Hence my misunderstanding. Clarity and detail in your posts are important to getting the help you want.

Access the original Apex through Local or Fusion, go to the network settings and change the hostname to something unique and descriptive of that system, like “ApexReef” or “RSM250”. Then restart that Apex. This will eliminate the problems and confusion of having two Apexes both named “apex”.

Then go through the Get Started Guide again with the new Apex system.

Regular Vistor
    Sorry Russ thanks for being patient, like I said I'm not familiar with this kind of stuff. You know how long it took me just to register on this site lol. Thanks I will try that

Regular Vistor
    Looks like I got it, thanks so much if you ask me how I couldn't tell you. Now I logged in to apex local with admin 1234. How do I now link it to my fusion account so it shows up in the apex list

Regular Vistor
    Hi Russ do I generate a token so it shows up in my apex list?

You do not need a token. Apex Local handles that for you. Access Apex Local for the new Apex. Click the User button in the upper right, then choose the Link Apex menu item.

I am assuming that you have already successfully connected the Apex to your home network.

Regular Vistor
    Thank you thank you thank you. It’s working perfectly and in my apex list. I really appreciate all your help

New User

Can not see additional EB832 just added on present Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    You cannot "connect a new module to APEX Fusion". APEX Fusion is a web site out on the Internet; the Apex itself communicates with APEX Fusion, and tells APEX Fusion all about your system, including what modules are connected. To add a new EnergyBar to an existing system, you just connect that EB to your Apex system using an Aquabus cable, and plug the EB power cord into an electrical outlet. The Apex will then recognize the new modules, and in turn, inform APEX Fusion. Regardless of which user interface you are using (APEX Local or APEX Fusion), new modules should appear in the Modules view and their corresponding outputs and/or inputs will appear either on the dashboard or in the unused tiles area.

That's expected... you should still see the original EB832. Are you saying that you do not see any indications of the second EB832? Is the status LED of the new EB832 solid orange, or is it flashing? If it is solid orange, check the Modules list; click the Apex name in the upper left of the dashboard, then choose Modules from the drop-down menu. Is more than one EB832 listed? If so, note the Aquabus address of the second EB832 listed in the Addr column. Then go to the dashboard and look for the EB832 Watts/Amps/Volts tile having a name of EB832_# where # is the Aquabus address. If you see that, then you should also see the sliders tiles for the EB832's eight AC outlets and its twoDC24 ports. If you don't see this on the dashboard, click the Lock icon to enter the unused tiles area and look in there.
    Hello...

I know this is an old post I have quoted, unfortunately I'm having the same problem. I can not see an additional EB that I just on my Dashboard. I followed your instructions, but some reason my additional EB does not appear on my dashboard.

Maybe Its something simple im doing wrong. Can you please assist.

Thank you for your time and cooperation