Thread: 24 volt output from FMM not turning off

Frequent Visitor

24 volt output from FMM not turning off

I have the Neptune solenoid valve connected to my FMM which open the water supply to my RO/DI. I came home today and all other parts to my RO/di system were working except the supply solenoid did not close. The outlet in fusion says that it is off but there is still voltage on the plug at the FMM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Has it worked correctly in the past or is this a new setup? How do you know there is voltage coming from that port vs a stuck solenoid?
    Chad

Frequent Visitor
    Well new and old setup. I changed the solenoid from one controlled from an eb4 to the Neptune 24v solenoid. When I first installed it it ran one time and worked like it should. The next time it ran the solenoid stayed on.

If I unplug the solenoid valve it closes and water stops flowing. If I plug it back in the valve opens and water starts flowing again. I have not got to the point of checking it with a multimeter yet.

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    I'm just wanting to make sure you've identified the correct slider on the eb832. Hence the reason I asked if it had ever worked properly. I'd first double check that you have the correct slider identified on the dash. Also will anything happen if you move the slider to the OFF position?

If the above doesn't change anything then go into the module setup page and update the eb832 FW. Afterwards reboot the apex and see if that helps. I assume you are current on your apex firmware.

If all else fails maybe swapping ports to run it on the other 24v output while you open a support ticket with NS.
    Chad

Frequent Visitor
    So I unplugged the FMM from the apex and also disconnected power. Plugged everything back in and now there is no power on the 24v port. Also the slider controlled the solenoid like it should.

Did you plug the power supply in the FMM?

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor

24 volt output from FMM not turning off

Yes. Unplugged the aquabus cable and the power supply cable. Now it works with the slider but still not sure what caused the issue in the first place