Thread: Jebao OW-40 with Apex

New User

Jebao OW-40 with Apex

I had a working set up with two Jebao TW-40 powerheads connected to Apex with the Jebao to Apex controller. One of the pumps failed so I went looking for a replacement. Apparently, Jebao has released the OW-40 which is a replacement for my older pump. I got one and expected to simply replace the old TW with the OW and be back in business. Unfortunately, the OW pump does not function when I connect it to the Jebao to Apex controller. The pump DOES function when I connect it the the power supply and controller that came with it, so the pump is not faulty. Of course, the Apex cannot control the OW-40 using that controller.
    Any help appreciated.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by rjenks View Post
    I had a working set up with two Jebao TW-40 powerheads connected to Apex with the Jebao to Apex controller. One of the pumps failed so I went looking for a replacement. Apparently, Jebao has released the OW-40 which is a replacement for my older pump. I got one and expected to simply replace the old TW with the OW and be back in business. Unfortunately, the OW pump does not function when I connect it to the Jebao to Apex controller. The pump DOES function when I connect it the the power supply and controller that came with it, so the pump is not faulty. Of course, the Apex cannot control the OW-40 using that controller.
    Any help appreciated.
    I'm not sure they will use the same controller. Jebao changed their control methods between generations of pumps and you may find that you need to use something like the AQlink A1 box to control. I would verify which interface box you need to use with your pumps.