Thread: Power Monitoring

Regular Vistor

Power Monitoring

First Question - I read the sticky post with the PDF about the right and wrong way to hook up a UPS and the AC Adapter to the Apex for the power monitoring feature. What has me confused is the Black Wire and the Brown wire coming from the AC adapter in the presentation. Which is which? The Brown is the wire going to the Apex and the Black is the physical connection to the AC wall outlet? Likewise, why in one correct scenario does the AC adapter plug into the UPS and the other plugged into the AC outlet? Doesn't the Apex always have to be powered to control the EB832 and thus individual outlets?

Second Question - How do you actually program the power monitoring feature to turn on and off individual outlets in the case of a power loss? I've seen a couple examples in the forum but I'm such a NOB that I don't even know where to actually write the code?

Appreciate and help you can provide.

The reason the aux power supply is plugged into the wall on the advanced scenario is solely to detect when power is out. The EB8 is what powers the apex in that scenario.

Assuming you use the advanced scenario, you can turn off (or use a slow profile) on any device by adding

If Power Apex Off 000 Then OFF

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Thanks! But were do you actually write the if then statement?

Quote Originally Posted by mtordie View Post
    Thanks! But were do you actually write the if then statement?
    In the individual outlets that you want to alter behavior during mains power loss that will be on UPS power, as well as any alerts. You dont need to do anything to outlets that are not on UPS as they will be without power. The exception is if you want to implement any delays after power is restored.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    In the individual outlets that you want to alter behavior during mains power loss that will be on UPS power, as well as any alerts. You dont need to do anything to outlets that are not on UPS as they will be without power. The exception is if you want to implement any delays after power is restored.
    I'm confused. I don't see anywhere, searching the "output configuration", for any device attached to actually add code?

I want to plug in the entire EB8 into the UPS. Once power is lost to the 12V Apex it will sense the loss through the "monitor power" feature and the UPS will power on the EB8. Once I am on UPS power I do not want everything plugged into the EB8 to be powered on. Just one pump would suffice. So I assume I need to write if then statements for all the other devices to turn off once the "power monitor" feature is activated. And everything to turn back on once power is restored back to the 12V Apex. I also need to know where to write all of these if then statements?

Thanks for any help.

I dont use Fusion so I cant speak to the exact interface, but each outlet has a control mode. This needs to be set to Advanced in order to see/change the underlying code. You would add it there.

Regular Vistor
    I don't see anything for the outlets for control mode in fusion? There is a control type with a drop down menu to pick what kind of device it is. The only thing that actually has an advanced tab is the lights.

They should all have an Advanced mode. In the drop down menu, is it perhaps at the bottom of a scroll list?

Regular Vistor
    I would love to know where? I've attached a screen shot.Output Configuration.jpg

Frequent Visitor
    Change control type to Advanced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Eureka! Thank you...