Thread: COR fittings

Frequent Visitor

COR fittings

Im about ready to lose my S*!#. I am breaking down my basement system and moving the DT to my living room upstairs. Sump will still be in basement. As the COR-20 does not have the umph required to push that much water 16', I will be repurposing it to run my closed loop. Therefore the unions need to be tight. I can find no where in the states a 1.5" BSPP threaded union (prefer true union ball valve to cut back space) for the input can be found. I did find several places where I can purchase a BSPT fitting, but not entirely sure if it will seal properly.

You can find fittings on eBay, but it is expensive and time consuming to ship from the UK. And I dont even know if it will fit correctly. Has anyone found a BSPP 1.5" union in the US that will work? I am about to say heck with it, sell this thing and purchase a pump that wont give me a hassle.

New User
    I've been looking into this, since I want to get a COR-20 and then put it output into a wye check valve, then put an 90 elbow, to put it through the FS-100, and finally split to the right and left returns built into my tank.

I found this company in the US: http://www.britishmetrics.com/shop/UPVC-Fittings/

They are terrifically expensive, as I got this quote from them today:
    - 1" Slip/female BSPP elbow - $20.28ea 2 weeks
    - 1" Slip/female BSPP/Slip Tee - $22.32ea 2 weeks
    - 1.25" Slip/female BSPP coupler - $25.92ea 2 weeks

From HomeDepot, these would cost me $4, not $69+shipping. But they are in Westminster, MD, and thus much closer than anywhere in Europe.

If I could put the FS-100 below the water the top of my sump, this would all be easier, but I've had my sump almost overflow once, so I have to put the FS above it, away from any water.

I also found a company in Denmark that seems to sell individual fittings, but I haven't asked them for a price quote.

Since you can put a male tapered thread into a female straight thread (i.e. BSPT into BSPP) you might make something else work, but you'd need plumbers compound on it because you wouldn't get a natural seal. And I have no idea what salt water might do with it. One MSDS I found says it's made of " kaolin, clay, vegetable oil, rosin, ethanol, etc." I'd rather have correctly matching threads.

Frequent Visitor
    I ended up getting them off of eBay. Wanted to conserve space so I actually purchased a 1.5" and a 1.25" BSPP True Union Ball Valve. Thread/Slip. Price with shipping was just north of $70 and I am still waiting on them. Holding out hope DHL (supposing they will be the delivery agent) will deliver them today so i can use the weekend to put my new system together. This is the final piece to the puzzle. I mean, if you dont count the next dozen trips or so I will make to LowesDepot to pick up a fitting or two that I forgot.

*edit* actual price was 74.79 and that included shipping. Also purchased them on a day eBay had a 10% or 15% off anything sale, so I got them a bit cheaper. And honestly, $20 and $24 for a 1.25" and a 1.5" true union ball valve is a hellubah price.

Quote Originally Posted by Debacle View Post
    I ended up getting them off of eBay. Wanted to conserve space so I actually purchased a 1.5" and a 1.25" BSPP True Union Ball Valve. Thread/Slip.
    I do not see in the listing anywhere that indicates these are BSPP (vs BSPT). I really hope they are BSPP and that they work out for you, but I have a hunch that they will actually be BSPT.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Spoke with the vendor and verified they were BSPP. I was worried as well. 5 minutes after my previous post i received an email stating electronic info was received by the stateside shipping office. So I am assuming sometime in the upcoming week it will arrive.

quote.jpg

Frequent Visitor
    Just as a follow up. I received my valves via USPS this AM. The 1.5" valve screws approximately 3/8 of the way onto the inlet before it gets too tight to go any further. The output 1.25" valve you can screw on MAYBE 2 threads. So obviously the vendor did not know or understand the difference between BSPP and BSPT when I asked or they sent me the wrong valves. I think I can make due with the 1.5" ball valve, and I still have the included 1.25" union. So I believe I can make due, but this has been an exercise getting done what needs to be done. I will try to rig up some type of testing rig to make sure it is leak proof before putting it into use.

*edit* Just to make sure I got this correct, the inlet and outlet are BSPP fittings, correct? And they are 1.5" and 1.25" respectively?