Thread: Will I outgrow the Jr too fast

Regular Vistor

Lightbulb Will I outgrow the Jr too fast

Hello, I have a 2 month old 30 long with 2 clowns, 4 snails and 2 crabs. Coral will come along later when I trust myself to keep water stable. I’m currently running the return pump, koralia 4 as a power head, an eshoops nano skimmer and JBj fudge ligh. My ai prime lights are not Neptune saucy and can run independent. I would like to get a Jr and make it work for a year before I learned what I NEED on the next tank.
    Primary would be to monitor temp and notify me or tank sitter to fix . Second problem is feed mode , right now I unplug everything except Keralia 4 to slow down the 1/4 cube that goes by, 10 minutes later I plug I the return pumps and after 5 more minutes the skimmer gets turned back on. I understand all this can be done easily. Now I have a fuge light to add to this show, but I have used all four of the outlets, my ATK can port right in and boom do its thing. Can I make the jR work?

It will work for what you have, but if you intend on upgrading your tank in a year anyway it might be worth just going all out on a bigger apex like the classic or 2016 now so you don't have to sell the Jr and buy the bigger apex a year down the road anyway.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Ok, thanks.

Regular Vistor
    YUP you'll want to upgrade after a mth

New User
    I got an Apex Jr for my IM Fusion 30L. Added the EB8 and WXM right away, Jr just doesn't have enough outlets and wanted control of my Radions and Vortechs. Then added the Auto Feeder since I travel a lot, then added a PM1 and PM2 to keep an eye on things while i'm traveling. Decided I wanted the Lunar simulator just because... Now I am getting the DOS for 2 part and i'm maxed out already on a 30 gallon. Once I upgrade to my 180 i'm going to want to add a second DOS for automatic water changes, Leak Detection, and possibly a second Auto Feeder just to feed 2 different foods. So yeah, I should have just gotten the bigger one...

Regular Vistor
    Thanks everyone. It all makes sense, my AI Primes are scheduled off my phone so wouldn't be on the Apex and mathing isn't my strongest suit. I thought I could run it for a year, and go big when I ran out of room. I see Jrs for sale all the time on forums so I thought I could flip it quick when I got there. Guess this is one of the go big or go home times.

U can add up to 7 modules on the Jr and if u want to run radions or vortech pumps u can use the wxm and save outlet space.. u can make it work with 7 modules if that’s enough for u of course.. if not just upgrade

Regular Vistor
    Thanks. I bought the full one, starting install in an hour when I get out of work.

Awesome you will love it