Thread: apex 2016

Regular Vistor

apex 2016

ok everything running well since last night ,lost electric for 2 hours apex came back on i can access from fusion but apex.local no. all i get is sighn in screen and a spinning blue curser and then a timed out message
    what to do to get into the apex.local?
    also have a second heater plugged in to outlet 8 that is supposed to come on when bellow the other heaters set parameters but did not come on main heater in 4 works fine

Not sure about the local issue. Perhaps try a reboot and see if it will work then.

To check the heater we need to see your code for both the main and backup.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    how long do you hold reset to get blue wifi
    it does connect to fusion with no problem
    just not the local

the heater outlet is exactly like the other except on temp is 76.5 and off is 78.00 main is on 77.5 off 78.00 used the basic to set up both

You don't want the blue WiFi to access apex local. That is only for initial setup or for those without an internet connection that Just want local access only. Just type apex.local in your browser (replace apex with hostname if you changed it and this won't work on android. You have to use the ip address if it's android).

Need more info on the heater. Can you post the temp graph? Was it set to AUTO? Is it's internal thermostat set high enough to activate?

Regular Vistor
    ok if i unhook the ethernet apex local works and so does fusion plug in ethernet blue spinning curser for local but will connect to fusion
    im not good with this show me this and that i don't know how to do screen shots on mac
    i have set both outlets to come on at the same time and off at the same time with everything exactly the same but the outlet location when temp reaches the on point 1 comes on the second does not
    i don't have an android all mac and iPhone

I would create a support ticket for the local issue then. It sounds like a bug somebody else mentioned recently and I think support was able to resolve it but I don't know what they did to do so.

To post the graph, click the icon that looks kinda like mountains, select temp, and move the sliders so it focuses near the time the power outage happened. Then screenshot that and attach it in the forum.

The reason I am requesting the graph is to rule out whether the temp just didn't get low enough to actually trigger the backup or if it's something else like a thermostat issue or something. Regardless of what the problem is, I would not have your backup that much lower than your main for the ON temp. The sweet spot is 0.2 degrees below main.

Screenshot instructions https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361

That would explain it. The temp didn't go low enough to turn the backup on.

Regular Vistor
    yup feel stupid
    Thanks
    put a ticket in for the apex.local
    now here is a strange thing if i use my iPhone i can connect to apex.local and fusion with safari but not with my mac ,just fusion unless i unhook ethernet,totaly wifi