First Post
I have a lot of experience with Geovision products, I have been using them for years when they were considered a commercial only product. Now they added a USAVisionSys and target line of cameras that are dirt cheap consumer products. I picked up an ADR-1300 for $26 with tax on sale at Frys. We have been remodeling our house to fit our new 450g which will be apex controlled once its all setup. I went ahead and added the camera to the "Reef Room" and connected it back to my existing surveillance system. Currently I have the 2016 Apex hooked up so I can program the basic config, I am also playing with adding this camera. I think the biggest oversight by Neptune for this feature is that it doesn't support ONVIF, putting that aside if your camera can create jpeg's but not mjpeg via HTTP rather than RTSP then you are out of luck with this feature completely without using a "middle man" software.

The ADR-1300 can have 3 streams of live video and a snapshot "stream" that has to be refreshed to a current image. Since the Apex doesn't accept the RTSP streams then that leaves me only with the snapshot feature which is OK since just about every other system that accepts a camera for integration allows you to specify a refresh interval if needed (they assume the camera is MJPEG but give the option to refresh for cameras that dump Jpeg stills too) well.... not the Apex. I know this is well out of normal integration for an aquarium controller but there really should be a way to specify a refresh interval even if its only once a minute, however 1 per second would be a lot better. It's not a do or die thing just looks nice and clean especially if I'm in a panic in the event that the apex is reporting a serious issue it would be nice to be able to quickly see the camera in full resolution.

Either way i was able to get a mjpeg stream in a round about way by dumping it from the surveillance recorder rather than the camera itself. The software is free for Geovision cameras and can be run on any PC. There are a few downsides to doing it this way, the first being you have to have a PC on 24/7. This isn't really an issue for me, per se, since I have a surveillance server and it is on all the time already. The biggest downside to this method is the camera is a 720p (1280x1024) camera but going this route only provides a CIF resolution stream(320x240) that was actually intended for mobile phones years back until they came out with better solutions.

So my first post is basically a long winded way of requesting a "refresh interval" option so i can have a high resolution semi-live picture of the tank room rather than a low resolution live view. That or allow it to accept ONVIF compliant RTSP streams which I feel would be more difficult but would resolve a lot of issues in this sub-forum.