Thread: Apex Classic Display Module Issues

New User

Apex Classic Display Module Issues

So my display has gone blank with just a backlight. I tried updating the firmware, but I can't connect to the the classic dashboard. The connection keeps timing out. I can't confirm any settings on the controller because the display doesn't work. I also can't do a firmware update via a laptop because of this. The Apex is hardwired to the modem. The Ethernet port on the Apex shows an orange and green light, but the port on the modem shows two orange. The Apex is also disconnected from Fusion for some reason. Not sure why, but it does happen occasionally and I have to reboot the Apex to reconnect. But I can't do that because the display isn't working.

Is there anything I'm missing? I really don't like that I have no access to my controller.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ajkaiser View Post
    I have to reboot the Apex to reconnect. But I can't do that because the display isn't working.
    You do not need a display to restart the Apex (or to do firmware updates). To restart, just remove all power to the Apex base unit by disconnecting the Aquabus cable(s) from the base unit, and if you use a 12 AC adapter, disconnect that too. Then reconnect in a few seconds.

What is the status LED on the face of the Apex doing? Lit solid green, flashing orange, or not lit?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    You do not need a display to restart the Apex (or to do firmware updates). To restart, just remove all power to the Apex base unit by disconnecting the Aquabus cable(s) from the base unit, and if you use a 12 AC adapter, disconnect that too. Then reconnect in a few seconds.

What is the status LED on the face of the Apex doing? Lit solid green, flashing orange, or not lit?
    Oh I didn't know I could just remove the power source as a means of doing a reboot. I'll try that. Currently the status light is solid green.

New User
    OK, I think I found the issue, which is kind of embarrassing. Looks like it was a faulty Ethernet cable. I've updated the firmware and updated the webpages. Now I have 4 modules that are out of date. I tried to update the modules, but after going to module setup, clicking update firmware, nothing happens.

Select the desired module first, then choose update module firmware. In between the upper and lower sections of the Modules page, it will show the update status. You need to wait until one is done before moving to another module.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    I just says firmware update will start in 10 seconds, then the message goes away but the update never happens.