Thread: Changing Output and Module Names

Regular Vistor

Changing Output and Module Names

Quick question I hope, but I've had my Apex for a couple of weeks now and I'm getting settled in and tinkering with getting it programed and setup. My question is if I go and make a change to an output's name

Pump_2_6

and rename this to

SkimPmp

Will the renaming be carried throughout the programing? Meaning if I change this outlets name will I then need to go find every place I have referenced it or will the Apex programing take care of updating the name universally through for me?

Thanks for the help and education....

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by svandive View Post
    Quick question I hope, but I've had my Apex for a couple of weeks now and I'm getting settled in and tinkering with getting it programed and setup. My question is if I go and make a change to an output's name

Pump_2_6

and rename this to

SkimPmp

Will the renaming be carried throughout the programing? Meaning if I change this outlets name will I then need to go find every place I have referenced it or will the Apex programing take care of updating the name universally through for me?

Thanks for the help and education....

Scott
    Yep you will have to change it in every program its in

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    well knowledge is power!! thank you..... It's good to know before heading down changing things wildly!! ha ha ha, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by svandive View Post
    well knowledge is power!! thank you..... It's good to know before heading down changing things wildly!! ha ha ha, thanks
    Yep i have changed almost all of mine just makes it so much easier

The information given here is incorrect. If you rename an input name, output name, or profile name, all programming where that item is used will be updated automatically.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The information given here is incorrect. If you rename an input name, output name, or profile name, all programming where that item is used will be updated automatically.
    . Maybe in the new one but not in the jr I have to go into all the programs that its used in and change it

Quote Originally Posted by drex View Post
    . Maybe in the new one but not in the jr I have to go into all the programs that its used in and change it
    The Jr is no different than other Apexes, classic or new - It works the way I described. However, if you were using Apex Fusion, there may have been a brief delay before you actually could have seen that the other programs got updated.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The Jr is no different than other Apexes, classic or new - It works the way I described. However, if you were using Apex Fusion, there may have been a brief delay before you actually could have seen that the other programs got updated.

Quote Originally Posted by drex View Post

It renames for all apex versions. I have personally tried it on a lite, classic, and 2016 and have heard from Jr users that it works the same way.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.