Thread: Help! My Apex died following the reset instructions.

Regular Vistor

Help! My Apex died following the reset instructions.

I purchased a used Apex and followed the instructions in this sticky to restore to factory defaults so I could get a new token to link to fusion. It was probably still linked to the seller's account.

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...ized-Apex-User

I executed the "Init All" reset by accessing my apex through my web browser with it's IP address like the sticky says. The reset process started but after waiting 30 minutes nothing happened and the Apex was dead (no lights), so I unplugged it. After plugging it back in all I get are flashing orange/yellow lights on both the EB8 and main controller. Prior to this I had updated to the latest firmware and that went fine.

Did I somehow kill my Apex by following the sticky instructions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What I would do is download the latest firmware and then do a "firmware force"

1. Unplug apex

2. Start update, let it fail to find apex a few times.

3. Plug apex back in and see if it takes. If it doesn't, repeat the process.

4. Update the bootloader. From the display system -> bootloader update -> press center button.

If that doesn't work, you may need the "reset firmware" that you can get from support by creating a ticket.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    What I would do is download the latest firmware and then do a "firmware force"

1. Unplug apex

2. Start update, let it fail to find apex a few times.

3. Plug apex back in and see if it takes. If it doesn't, repeat the process.

4. Update the bootloader. From the display system -> bootloader update -> press center button.

If that doesn't work, you may need the "reset firmware" that you can get from support by creating a ticket.

Thanks! That worked.

Cool. That means the previous owner must have skipped updating his bootloader. Every time you do a firmware update do that last step and you shouldn't run into this problem again (they typically update it only once a year or so, but it's not clear when they do so I do it every firmware update to play it safe).