Thread: DOS Not always dosing correct amount

Frequent Visitor

DOS Not always dosing correct amount

hi. I have my DOS and DDR dispensing Alk and Cal once a day. The program is set to dispense 13ml of Alk and 14 ml or Cal over a 60 minute period. That works well most days, but every once in a while ( maybe once ever 7-10 days) i see that less was dispensed., for example, maybe 8.5 ml or Alk. The Alk side of the DDR is half full, so its not running low on fluid. Sometimes the same issue with the Cal just a random weird amount, less than the amount programmed. What would cause less than programmed amounts to be dispensed?

Do you have it turn off for high pH? That could be why.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Do you have it turn off for high pH? That could be why.

i dont have it take ph into account as my ph typically runs a little low, so there was no need to program that in. It was not clear in my initial post, but this also has occured with the Calcium, not just the Alk.

If there is nothing in the advanced window, then the only thing I can think of that would cause that is a power outage or reboot at just the wrong time.

New User
    I have the same problem i dos 55ml a day of both Alk and Cal and just looked Alk only did 44ml today and Cal did 53ml there was not a power outage last night either. im following to hopefully get an answer

Quote Originally Posted by wdiryan View Post
    I have the same problem i dos 55ml a day of both Alk and Cal and just looked Alk only did 44ml today and Cal did 53ml there was not a power outage last night either. im following to hopefully get an answer
    Make sure your module firmware is up to date and check if you have a high pH cutoff in the advanced window.

New User
    Thanks it said i was up to date but let me update it and it was good today. i look everywhere to make sure that the PH was not effecting it but nothing in the programming and I just have a the intervals set up to do 55ml.

ajg1960 are you having any better luck and if so what did you do to solve your issue?

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by wdiryan View Post
    Thanks it said i was up to date but let me update it and it was good today. i look everywhere to make sure that the PH was not effecting it but nothing in the programming and I just have a the intervals set up to do 55ml.

ajg1960 are you having any better luck and if so what did you do to solve your issue?
    Hey--I haven't done anything, just keeping an eye on it. For me, it happens about once every 2 weeks, doses some random amount of Alk and Ca, always less than programmed amount. No pH cutoff in my programming.