Thread: MP40s Programming

Frequent Visitor

MP40s Programming

I currently have my MP40s programmed to shut off when my AFS is feeding as follows:

Fallback ON
    Set ON
    If Output Feeder_6_1 = ON Then OFF
    If Output Feeder_6_1 = OFF Then ON
    Defer 001:00 Then ON

id like to have one MP40 on for 30 minutes, then reverse it and have the other on for 30 minutes, then have them both on for 30 mintues.

Im pretty sure it’s an OSC command but not sure how to program it. Any recommendations?

In the future, please create new threads about programming in the appropriate programming sub-forum, instead of using the Apex Fusion area as a catch-all; I moved this thread for you to the area specifically for programming for Vortech and other 3rd-party pumps.

Are you using a WXM, or are you directly switching power to the Vortech on/off? For which output is the program you gave?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Sorry for posting in the wrong place. Thanks for moving it.

i have the MP40s plugged into an energy bar 8. No WXM.

So you want that alternating then both on pattern to be the normal operation throughout the day?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Yes, that’s exactly what I want to do. Plus turn both off during feeding.

i suppose I could just go in and tell one to turn on at say 12 noon, turn off at 12:30. Then tell the other to turn on at 12:30 and off at 1PM. Then have them both come on at 1 PM and so on. But I’m sure there is any easier way.

Quote Originally Posted by rdnyva View Post
    Set ON
    If Output Feeder_6_1 = OFF Then ON
    First, I'd like to point out that your original code is incorrect; the If Output Feeder_6_1 = OFF Then ON is not needed, and if you add oscillation action, will cause that acti0on to not work. The Set ON handles turning the outlet ON whenever the If Output Feeder_6_1 = ON Then OFF statement is not true.

To get the action desired, you will use different OSC statements in each MP40 outlet. The basic operation you desire can be rephrased as "each pump ON for 1 hour then OFF for 30 minutes with an offset of 30 minutes for one of the pumps".

[MP40-A]
    Fallback ON
    OSC 0:00/60:00/30:00 Then ON

[MP40-B]
    Fallback ON
    OSC 0:30/60:00/0:00 Then ON

Note that because of the 1-minute Defer Then ON; you'll actually get 59 minutes of ON time and 31 minutes of OFF time per overall cycle.

Frequent Visitor
    Thank you. I think I understand now, I’ll give it a try. I can live with the 31/59 issue.