Thread: Where do I find the friggin' "token" when setting up Apex Fusion without a controller?

New User

Where do I find the friggin' "token" when setting up Apex Fusion without a controller?

Hello:

I've installed my Apex Fusion (no Apex controller). I have it hard wired to the router. I can log onto my dashboard on a desktop computer by logging in using the IP address. BUT I cannot login on any mobile devices: it says "Choose Link to Fusion on your Apex Dashboard." That's the page I'm on! (I think). Then it says you'll be provided with a token. Where the frig is the token?

On my computer, I'm logged in through the IP address, am on the dashboard page but there's no token anywhere.

Where the heck is this token to be found? Telling us "you'll be provided with a token" is really stupid if they don't tell you where you'll find it.

Thanks!

Frequent Visitor
    First, Apex Controller is the physical device that you set up to monitor and control your tank. Fusion is the web interface that connects to the controller. I assume you have your Apex controller set up and hardwired to your router and are trying to figure out how to connect it to Fusion?

When you are at the dashboard/home page on Apex.local, you should see a User dropdown menu at the top right. Click that and there should be a 'Link Apex' option. What happens when you click that?

APEX Fusion is a web site out on the Internet; you do not install it. When you access the Apex directly by name or IP address, you are not accessing Apex Fusion; depending on the model of Apex you have, the built-in web interface is called APEX Local (for the newest Apex model) or the Classic Dashboard (for Apex Classic models).

Your forum user profile indicates that you have an Apex (2016), the newest model, so I will assume that is what you have. A link token is not needed for linking an Apex 2016 to APEX Fusion. Are you following the Apex Get Started Guide on Neptune's web site? In the part about linking the new Apex to APEX Fusion, there is no mention of a token because there is no need for one if you follow that procedure. This page tells you what to do:

Link Instructions
    1) Click the user name (admin) in upper right corner to reveal more settings
    2) Select the Link Apex
    3) Sign in to your APEX Fusion account

This must be done while using APEX Local; if you followed the Get Started Guide up to that point, you would already have been using APEX Local.

Access your Apex by hostname or IP address, login, then do the 3 steps listed above. You need to login to APEX Local using the default username and password (admin / 1234) unless you have already changed one or both. You will not be able to login using your APEX Fusion credentials.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Thank you Sleepdoc! Much appreciated. When on the IP address dashboard, I see the User icon, scroll down to Link Apex, and it says "Apex has already been linked to Fusion." There are no other options and I still don't have any access via my mobile devices. On my devices, after I've logged in, it asks for the friggin' token and so I'm dead in the water (so to speak).

Frequent Contributor
    The Apex can only be link to one Fusion account at a time. If your Apex is already linked to Fusion you will not be able to get another token. That is okay because I think the issue is you accidentally clicked on the link icon after signing in to your Fusion account on the mobile device.

If so below will help you get to your Fusion account on your phone.

1) Click on the (Three bar icon) in the upper right corner

2) Now click on the Home icon

3) Next choose Apex list

4) Here you should see your Apex on the List page and click on your Apex Host Name

5) Now you are on your Fusion Dashboard

Jon

Frequent Visitor
    Wow I’m literally just having this problem as well. Don’t know why it would tell us to get a token if we don’t need it..
    Is the token meant to the Neptune controller? And not for tablets and computers?
    I logged into my fusion on my gf laptop randomly and was turning my dos on and off.
    That token really confused me.
    I was looking everywhere for the dashboard. Didn’t realize I just needed to tap on my apex and it took me to dash board

New User
    Thank you JonMos75. When I open up the Apex app on my iPad, go to the home drop down menu, go to Apex List, it doesn't list any Apex's. And there is no "Support Test." It still wants me to somehow get a token and input it. I have no clue whether the "token" is coming by snail mail, email, is on my apex.local dashboard (can't find it there). So, without the damned "token" I am out of business defeating the entire purpose of spending $2,000 for all this Apex equipment. In the Apex list, there is "all" and "mine." No Apex's are listed. I even logged out and logged back in. Nothing. I can manage the Apex by using a desktop browser connected locally via the IP address, but that doesn't help me when I'm away from my desktop. I have no idea how to get this on my mobine devices. (All Apple).

One more question: Some posts say that the "token" can be found on the apex.local dashboard. I've been through everything I can find on the dashboard, but I can't find any token anywhere. Not sure where I'm supposed to "find" it.

Please read my previous post in this thread.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Where do I find the friggin' "token" when setting up Apex Fusion without a controller?

Also, it seems like you might be using multiple Apex Fusion accounts. You should be using the same account on every device.

Edit - iPhone automangling fixed.

New User
    I only have one Fusion account. Rats. No solutions. Time to return it all!

Quote Originally Posted by RABrookis View Post
    I only have one Fusion account. Rats. No solutions. Time to return it all!
    See post #3. If that does not work, you could do an initialize all and then repeat that process in post #3 since I assume you have little or no programming done so you won't really have much to redo with a blank slate.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Did you buy this Apex new or used? If you bought it used, then perhaps it is still linked to the previous owner’s Fusion account. The best solution to that is to ask the previous owner to remove it from that account. An alternative, as zombie mentioned, is to reset the Apex to factory defaults. There are two ways of doing so - it depends on what AOS version currently on that Apex. Both methods are covered in the Reset Button topic here: https://www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted/apexng/

New User
    My fix was switching browsers!

I was stuck in the same loop. Try using a different browser... I tried chrome after getting no where with Safari. I think there might be something up with the cache and Apex Fusion...
    YMMV

New User
    I did the factory reset. plugged the new (used) apex controller into my router. Light on it and the power bar are orange. Log in to apex.local and it shows my original apexEL that is still running and I want to keep it running.

If I click link, it tells me I am already linked. I dont know how to find the used one to attach it to my account.

Quote Originally Posted by wendllperkins View Post
    I did the factory reset. plugged the new (used) apex controller into my router. Light on it and the power bar are orange. Log in to apex.local and it shows my original apexEL that is still running and I want to keep it running.

If I click link, it tells me I am already linked. I dont know how to find the used one to attach it to my account.
    You have to change the hostname to be unique on both. Then you access with hostname.local instead of apex.local

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You may have two Apexes with the same name. Go into Apex Local or Apex Fusion and rename the EL. Reboot the EL afterwards. Then try apex.local again - you’ll probably get the other Apex.

You rename the apex on the Network page

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    You rename the apex on the Network page
    renamed the el. rebooted it. shows up with the new name in my account. I can log into apexel.local and see my tanks. cleared cookies from browser. factory reset apex, rebooted it. unplugged it from the router, configured wifi. light on it as well as power bar are now orange.

power bar appears to have some settings programed into it. 3 switches are on.

Tried to access apex.local. sign in admin password 1234. push sign in. Then nothing, click button goes pale after I click it but nothing actually happens. hover over the button and the no entry symbol comes up. refresh the page and I can try again with the same results.

Am I right in thinking that holding the reset button down for more than 30 seconds does the job? Is there a conflict I should be aware of with the power bar? is there a need to reset it some how? they appear to b connected. What would you try next.

New User
    factory reset must have not worked. I am logged into the other guys account and going to try and switch owners from there.