Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FMM Issues After AOS Update

FMM Issues After AOS Update

Hey Guys,
    Had an Update this morning, after update it said my 2 FMM's were out of date. So I updated those as well...
    After I did this my Auto Water Change went wrong...
    I have a Selenoid Valve on auto and it is coming on when it should be closed. Here is programming.

Fallback OFF
    If SWLOW OPEN Then ON
    If SW-Hi CLOSED Then OFF

The SWLOW is Closed Orange right now,
    and the SW-High is Open.

Why is Selenoid Valve opening????

It sounds to me that you are between the two setpoints. The low switch will open to turn the solenoid on, but not shut off until the high switch is reached. Once it shuts off, it will not come back on until the low point is reached again. You can override this by setting it to manual off and then back to auto.

The SW_High is at top. If that gets wet it means system is done making water. The Valve should close... As my DOS pump does AWC water gets lower to bottom sensor. When that goes open it shuts off dos, opens valve and starts pumping fresh water into mixing station. Once it hits the top again, it shuts valve, I add salt manually, and around and around we go.

Problem is, my valve is on auto with above programming, top sensor is dry, bottom sensor is wet, which means DOs pumps should be on, water change should be working and valve should be closed..... It's open?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthSimon View Post
    top sensor is dry, bottom sensor is wet
    In that case both statements are FALSE and no change will occur. Sounds like the update caused the cycle to get out of sequence. Try the reset like I suggested. Set to manual OFF, then back to AUTO.

I have done that a few times. Auto still turns valve on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Try closing the high switch and see if it turns off, should work to just hold your hand on the sensor. Then see what happens when it goes back to open.

Your saying make the high sensor wet?? And close it?

Regular Vistor
    Yes. You shouldn't need to actually get it wet to get it to close, try just covering it up with your hand to close it. If that doesn't work then yes get it wet and closed. It looks like it is stuck in the middle of the program and needs to complete the cycle. After the update it appears to have thought the low sensor was open and began the process of filling. It will not stop trying to fill until the high sensor switches to closed.

I have done that a few times. Auto still turns valve on
    Odd. With the states and the code shown, that should not be the case, obviously. So when you switch it to Manual OFF, it shuts OFF? Did you by chance get any duplicate names/outlets after the FW update?

Quote Originally Posted by rynoe View Post
    It will not stop trying to fill until the high sensor switches to closed.
    If set to manual OFF, and verified to be OFF, setting it back to AUTO should leave it OFF.

Yes and thats not working. All was working great before update.

Regular Vistor
    I'm assuming these switches are in your new sea water tank and it auto fills when empty. Where is the water coming from? A Pump? RODI system? Is that outlet also on?

Comes from an rodi system.

Here:
    Off:

Then back to auto and it goes on :

Then It's on in auto :

OK, lets try one more thing, just to see what happens. Add a Set OFF at the very end. In Auto this should keep the outlet OFF. If it doesn't then something is really wonky.

Yes that worked :

Regular Vistor
    Did closing the high sensor do anything? I'm curious what would happen now if you remove the Set OFF statement.

And If I delete the code, and leave button on Auto Solenoid Turns Valve on...

Regular Vistor
    I think you are likely going to have to delete the FMM from the Apex and start fresh. I'm going to update mine this evening and see what happens. I have a very similar setup.

Not home yet., will try in an hour. Just an FYI I have a manual float valve on top of the sensor, so if it stayed on, I wouldn't over flow the mixing station.

The programming should have been fine honestly. It just added salt yesterday. The High Sensor closed... Put my salt in, started back up the AWC via the dos. Then the water line goes lower then the top sensor. But the Valve would stay closed at that point. Water goes down and 4-5 days later low sensor goes dry valve opens and around and around.....

The Only thing I haven't tried is closing the top sensor. I am just curious what will happen, theory would tell you if auto on valve is selected, valve would go off, then opening it I'm hoping it doesn't open until bottom one goes dry...

Neptune just emailed me.... Actually If you really look at the code, there is nothing stating to close it.

It says If the Top_SW Sensor is closed then Off... That condition hasn't been met programming wise... It's open, SO why would it close??

Regular Vistor
    Hopefully closing the high sensor allows the programming to find itself. I think it will but then again so should switching the outlet to manual off then back to auto. Give it a try in any case.

Problem solved!!! I added the Command Set Off to top:

This shut it down....

Then deleted the off coding and put back to regular it put it back on track.....

What did I miss here??? And why did the programming get screwed up after an update and fmm update???

Regular Vistor
    Also you may want to turn the AWC/DOS off for now until you get home.

- - - Updated - - -

I could be wrong here but I don't think you can have a Set Off statement in there. That eliminates the high sensor.

The DOS being on was fine. i know with 100 percent certainty there was water in there. I made it yesterday.

Neptune just emailed me.... Actually If you really look at the code, there is nothing stating to close it.

It says If the Top_SW Sensor is closed then Off... That condition hasn't been met programming wise... It's open, SO why would it close??
    It wouldn't, but it should retain the state (manual OFF) unless something changes it. And per the states shown for the switches, neither command is TRUE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast