Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FMM Issues After AOS Update

Putting the Set Off Code up top some how reset the program.

This is what Neptune said:
    Hi Steven,

The issue is there is nothing in that programming to turn OFF that outlet if SW-Hi was to to say in the OPEN position like it is now. This is why we created the When programming, so if the outlet stay ON for a long period of time it will manually shut it off and alarm you.

Per your programming the ATC should run until SW-Hi goes to CLOSED per the optical sensor the water has not reached the upper sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your middle picture shows it to be Manual OFF, not Auto OFF. Which is what I've been saying all along. That should not have occurred as a result of the SET OFF, the slider should have stayed in AUTO mode with a state of OFF.

FMM Issues After AOS Update

It makes sense, there was nothing in the code to shut it off, being the sensor high was open and not wet, putting in the code set off simulated that.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthSimon View Post
    Per your programming the ATC should run until SW-Hi goes to CLOSED per the optical sensor the water has not reached the upper sensor.
    That is what I said at the very beginning. But regardless, switching the outlet slider to Manual OFF should change the state to OFF. Then setting it back to AUTO should leave it OFF unless some command is TRUE to change it. Neither of those were TRUE and the outlet should have remained OFF. If it no longer behaves this way, that is a significant change!!

Todd agreed but I manually changed it to off and it didn't change once set back to auto.

So received a phone call from Neptune.... The unknown that I just couldn't figure out was this.... I thought like you said Todd, If I switch the outlet to off, then back to Auto, it should of reset itself.... I was told my Neptune that doing this in fusion probably caused a delay in actually switching it off... I was going to off, then 5 seconds later going to auto. He claimed I didn't wait long enough and that If I did this in Local it would have worked in real time... The delays in Fusion prolly screwed me up.

So there you have it, the fact that I put the code in on top "Set Off" Proilly actually triggered it off faster??? All ends well...
    Thanks for help all.... Always a little thing....

Ok, that makes sense. I had assumed that you were there in person and verified that the outlet had turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthSimon View Post
    So received a phone call from Neptune.... The unknown that I just couldn't figure out was this.... I thought like you said Todd, If I switch the outlet to off, then back to Auto, it should of reset itself.... I was told my Neptune that doing this in fusion probably caused a delay in actually switching it off... I was going to off, then 5 seconds later going to auto. He claimed I didn't wait long enough and that If I did this in Local it would have worked in real time... The delays in Fusion prolly screwed me up.

So there you have it, the fact that I put the code in on top "Set Off" Proilly actually triggered it off faster??? All ends well...
    Thanks for help all.... Always a little thing....
    You dont want the set OFF at the top or it will just maintain water level at the bottom of the container and never fill to the top. The entire reason it was ON even though both conditions were false earlier is because it was in an intermediary state and since it hadnt filled to the top to close that sensor, it was still ON. If the water level does reach the top and the optical fails to show closed, the only way to stop it is using the when command to latch it to Manual OFF if it runs longer than it should take.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Todd,
    I have never had a problem with delays in fusion turning things on and off, usually it works fast while controlling from fusion. To be honest, typically I use fusion within the same network at home, so the speeds would be fast at home... I guess working from fusion remotely out of network caused the delay today.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    You dont want the set OFF at the top or it will just maintain water level at the bottom of the container and never fill to the top. The entire reason it was ON even though both conditions were false earlier is because it was in an intermediary state and since it hadnt filled to the top to close that sensor, it was still ON. If the water level does reach the top and the optical fails to show closed, the only way to stop it is using the when command to latch it to Manual OFF if it runs longer than it should take.

Zombie,
    I didn't permanently insert the "Set Off in the code" I put it in there temp, and it shut the outlet to off, I then went back in deleted it, it then switched outlet to manual. I then put switch on Auto, and valve finally turned off...
    Make sense???

Okay. You must have either not left it off long enough or the "sticky latch" bug decided to rear its ugly head again.

That's what Neptune says... I can tell you putting the Set Off Condition above the other 2 reset it, and it shut off...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12