Thread: Cor-15/20 Connections, Power and other differences

Frequent Visitor

Cor-15/20 Connections, Power and other differences

So I ordered my COR15 today. I know it has a 1 link connection and the 20 uses a separate PS. Is all the communications the same through the one link? I done see any Aquabus port on the 15 controller.

1link has aquabus embedded into it.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    copy, so all functionality is identical except for the GPH...

Neither has GPH. The COR 20 is just too big of a pump to use 1link (too much wattage) so it has to have it's own power supply. The only way to get GPH is with a flow sensor.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Neither has GPH. The COR 20 is just too big of a pump to use 1link (too much wattage) so it has to have it's own power supply. The only way to get GPH is with a flow sensor.
    I think MGH was simply referring to the different maX GPH rating for the COR-15 vs. the COR-20.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    I think MGH was simply referring to the different maX GPH rating for the COR-15 vs. the COR-20.
    Yes Russ, Thanks. The Gallons Per hour. I guess I am thinking theoretically Neptune Systems could come out with an upgrade kit for the 15 to turn it into a 20. You know you add this or that and you start looking for more GPH ... Not the most cost effective way to do it, but would be a good idea if possible.

Frequent Visitor
    I also bought the FMK. I am not sure If I will use the 1/2 inch meters for my Chiller and a UV but the cost above buying just what I needed was insignificant. I do want to add level sensors as I bought a 3 gallon acrylic container unit for alk/calc/mag. Problem is space so I need to run both my FT and DT off of it. So I want alarms on the level. But if I use all the flow sensors I only have one port (assuming the level sensor uses one of the four round ports on the FMM). I dont need a sensor on mag but I need both the alk and calc. Would suck to buy another FMM for just that but I could.

There is not much info on the optical sensors. But it looks like that can be drilled and mounted horizontally as well as internally using a right angle mag mount. The info on them online is minimal...