Thread: Reef Octopus Varios Pump Question

Regular Vistor

Reef Octopus Varios Pump Question

Hello, I am going to control my skimmer and return pump both are Varios pumps with an Apex classic. Should I connect them to EB8 ?

If you will be controlling the speed of the pumps via the Apex variable (0-10v) outputs, no, there is no need or reason to power the pump power supplies through an EB outlet.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

You don't need to if you are controlling with 0-10V, but you can if you want it to look clean or you want an extra layer of failsafe for say turning off for an overflow float switch.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Yes, I will be controlling with variable (0-10V) and will also have a float switch. Can I trigger to turn off pump only using variable and not connected to EB? Like if sump is to low.. Thank you both for the quick reply.

Quote Originally Posted by flex13 View Post
    Yes, I will be controlling with variable (0-10V) and will also have a float switch. Can I trigger to turn off pump only using variable and not connected to EB? Like if sump is to low.. Thank you both for the quick reply.
    Yes. The EB8 if you choose to use it would just be an extra layer of failsafe. Any primary control can be accomplished with only the 0-10V (example 0-10V gets unplugged and tank starts overflowing, EB8 could cut power).

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Got it, thanks.