Thread: Programming EB6 port for Nitrate / Phosphate reactor

New User

Question Programming EB6 port for Nitrate / Phosphate reactor

I have been running a nitrate / Phosphate reactor with NPX bio pellets. My nitrates are almost 0. But i need them to be around 3-4 ppm.

How do i program the Apex EB6 port so that the nitrate reactor will run for 1-2 minutes every 30 minutes and then shut off.

I read that if the reactor stays off for too long , the bio pellets will produce Hydrogen Sulfide. I want to be able to run the nitrate reactor when needed after i test the water. But to avoid the pellets from becoming toxic , they need to move around in the reactor every hour or so.

Can you please help with the programming ?

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by haiderali80 View Post
    I have been running a nitrate / Phosphate reactor with NPX bio pellets. My nitrates are almost 0. But i need them to be around 3-4 ppm.

How do i program the Apex EB6 port so that the nitrate reactor will run for 1-2 minutes every 30 minutes and then shut off.

I read that if the reactor stays off for too long , the bio pellets will produce Hydrogen Sulfide. I want to be able to run the nitrate reactor when needed after i test the water. But to avoid the pellets from becoming toxic , they need to move around in the reactor every hour or so.

Can you please help with the programming ?
    I would do this with the wave maker function. Select control type powerhead set initial on time to 2 minutes and off time to 28minutes. Leave the initial off time blank.

This will do what you want but I will recommend not doing this. The best solution would be to buy a recirculating reactor or simply feed more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can use OSC, but you might be better off using a valve (or two with a tee to do the recirc back to tank approach) and just reducing the flow into the reactor and/or using fewer biopellets.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Thank you very much Tangman