Thread: Alternative to a a Waveline DC2500? Supposedly discontinued.

Frequent Visitor

Alternative to a a Waveline DC2500? Supposedly discontinued.

I am looking for an APex ready pump to feed my UV and possible a couple media reactors. I had found a Waveline DC2500 that seemed to be perfect for what I wanted, but was out of stock, been waiting, and turns out the pump isnt being made anymore.

Is there something similar? Relatively inexpensive $80-120, DC adjustable, at least able to go 150 GPH with about 4'-5' headloss, and Apex ready?

Frequent Visitor
    Jebao dcp pumps, I think you can get an attachment to link to Apex

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The only one I am aware of that is apex ready without DIY with a lowish price point is the Varios 4 but that's double your budget at $200. There are many cheaper Chinese ones like Jebao that can work with a $40 adaptor, but only some will actually work and you have to ask the manufacturer if the pump is 0-5V control or PWM (OWN won't work at all).

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    The only one I am aware of that is apex ready without DIY with a lowish price point is the Varios 4 but that's double your budget at $200. There are many cheaper Chinese ones like Jebao that can work with a $40 adaptor, but only some will actually work and you have to ask the manufacturer if the pump is 0-5V control or PWM (OWN won't work at all).

Not necessarily out of the budget, but was hoping that something comparable would be similarly priced.
    https://www.marinedepot.com/Waveline...FIPHAD-vi.html

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post

I've run a Jebao DC6000 with an Apex Controller for years. Depending on the model of pump you will need either the Jebao-Apex controller or the AQLink unit. Each controller tells you exactly which pumps are supported. They work off of the VarSpd port, mine has been rock solid (I run 3 pumps using these controllers).