Thread: AWM pairing to Hydra 52 is a pain, any tips?

NSI Member

AWM pairing to Hydra 52 is a pain, any tips?

I have a pair of Hydra 52's (non-HD) which I have been running off an AI Director. I picked up an AWM module so I can move the control over to Apex. I've watched the setup video, read the AWM manual, and read about every thread posted here. I've updated the AWM firmware and it shows 7 (OK), and I have updated the RF then rebooted the AWM. I am holding down the light's reset button until the indicator light flashes red/green it then turns red after releasing (indicating it is ready to pair).

So it took almost two hours of continual trying, rebooting the AWM, deleting the module, adding it back, unplugging and plugging in the light, attach "button mashing" and even rebooting the Apex. I finally got one light to attach. It responds to programming and is working great.

Now for the second light. Tried for over an hour last night and it has not been able to pair. I did have the first light unplugged while attempting. So before my upcoming marathon of "button mashing" tonight, anyone have any tips for getting it to attach? I did find instructions for doing a factory reset of the Hydra so I'll be trying that first.

NSI Member
    OK, after about 30 minutes trying I finally got the other light connected (and there was much rejoicing). What finally got it was doing a factory reset following the procedure below.

https://www.theaquariumsolution.com/...-factory-reset

New User
    I have yet to get one to attached to the AWM. It seems to me the only communitcation i'm getting is with the power bar (on/off) I don't know which of the 9 pre programmed AI modules I set up... thanks in advance. Sorry to light up an old thread.