Thread: How to Offset Dosing Times

New User

How to Offset Dosing Times

I got the DOS for 2 part dosing. I would like to dose over 24 hours for both parts. What is needed to ensure that the 2 pumps don't dose at the same time.

Thanks
    Drew

As long as the doses aren't exactly the same ml, the wizard will seperate the doses naturally. It is possible for some but not most to overlap depending on the exact values (hard to estimate beforehand because the algorithm isn't publicly available), but even if some do, the amounts dosed will be so tiny that precipitation will be nearly non-existent.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Thanks for the reply, and that makes sense if the doses are different. I had to change it 1ml to get the dosing interval to change. .1 -.9 change kept the same intervals. To me it seems as this is an oversight or lack of planning on Neptune's part. I can't believe that I am the only person that wants dosing split up around the clock, and dose equal amounts. The offset has been a basic programming function of the OSC command since I had my first aquacontroller in the late 90's. I guess I could make one of the intervals start 5 minutes later than the other. That should offset the times I hope. I guess I was expecting more from fusion, as 2 part dosing is nothing new to Neptune. Hey suggestion for future update.

Thanks
    Drew

Quote Originally Posted by justdrew View Post
    Thanks for the reply, and that makes sense if the doses are different. I had to change it 1ml to get the dosing interval to change. .1 -.9 change kept the same intervals. To me it seems as this is an oversight or lack of planning on Neptune's part. I can't believe that I am the only person that wants dosing split up around the clock, and dose equal amounts. The offset has been a basic programming function of the OSC command since I had my first aquacontroller in the late 90's. I guess I could make one of the intervals start 5 minutes later than the other. That should offset the times I hope. I guess I was expecting more from fusion, as 2 part dosing is nothing new to Neptune. Hey suggestion for future update.

Thanks
    Drew
    There are ways around that with profiles but the slightly different amount is just easier. It's not an oversight from Neptune, but instead how they made the algorithm operate. When the two doses are identical, the algorithm "thinks" that you are asking it to do AWC so they need to happen at exactly the same time. If they aren't the same, the algorithm is sure that it's for dosing something, so it naturally seperates them.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.