Thread: Variable Speed Ports Issue

Frequent Visitor

Variable Speed Ports Issue

I am going to add 3 SB Reef Lights to my tank. I programmed the intensity percentages using the graphing model. I am using 3 variable speed ports to control the 3 lights. The lights aren’t connected yet but I am testing them to make sure they are running properly. The only issue I see, and it isn’t a huge deal, is that the percentage for blue and white on the first variable speed port is greater by 1% compared to the other 2 ports. What causes this? I have all the profiles set the same. As I said I’m sure you won’t see it when the lights are powered. Just curious why this is happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Internally, there are more than 100 intensity steps for the 0-10 ports. So if the internal intensity value at any given moment during a ramp up or ramp down is not exactly a whole number, what is displayed is rounded to the nearest whole number.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Ok that makes sense. To follow on that response, when the lights are at their max setting after a ramp up, the white and blue percentages are still off by 1%; say one is at 33% blue and the other two lights are at 33%.

Frequent Visitor
    I mean 32% for the other two lights.

Frequent Visitor
    Follow up question. Tonight I connected the lights to the bus bar I used to land the variable speed cables from the variable speed ports. They all worked and the light powered on. I thought since I used the wizard to set the ramp up and ramp down parameters I would use it to play the programming and check if it worked. I chose one of the variable speed ports in Fusion and hit play. What happened is it ran the simulation for my current lights, ran the auto feeder and turned off and on my Jebao pumps as programmed but didn't do anything with the new lights that are connected to the variable speed ports. Is this normal or do I have something wired wrong? There a two pairs of wires running from the plug into the variable speed port to the buss. I only connected the red and black wires from each pair to the buss. I have two pairs of wires coming from the dimming circuit at the light connected to the buss corresponding to the appropriate black and red wires from the VSP's. Let me know if I have something messed up. Thanks.