Thread: Alarm Programming with Message info

New User

Alarm Programming with Message info

- I would like to be able to add a comment to the text & email alarms. As my wife NEVER understands what us going on when she gets the message such as "Statement: If Swx4_4 OPEN Then ON".
    - I would also like to be able to set the frequency of the text/e-mails as my wife and I are getting 2-6 alerts every min or so until I log in and stop the alarm manually or add water to my ATO. Some things would be great to know every sec or so, but only if it is an actual emergency like water on the floor at 3 am; however, the ATO reservoir being low can an hour or more before the second e-mail or text is sent.
    -I would like to be able to set some Alarms to Notify other people such as a leak sensor could text a neighbor but adding water to the ATO would only go to myself.
    -I would like not to have to confirm, with my wife every time and alarm was sent out, that there is or is not an actual emergency. I would like not be woken up at 3 am due to a few dozen texts about my ATO res, however I would like to have a meeting with a client be interrupted if there was a leak on my tank.

I know I can remove the alarms entirely; however, isn't CONTROL the biggest feature here? Being able to control what information is sent out, to whom it goes, and how often, will be a huge improvement for this system AND it is the control everyone is looking for.

Examples (I am not a programmer)
    Statement: "If Swx4_3 OPEN Then ON" <"Water has been detected on the Floor!"/> Notify user 1,2,3 Every<0 hour 1 Min>
    Statement: "If Swx4_4 OPEN Then ON" <"The ATO reservoir needs to be filled."/> Notify user 1 Every<1 hour 30 Min >

Quote Originally Posted by leo32453 View Post
    - I would like to be able to add a comment to the text & email alarms. As my wife NEVER understands what us going on when she gets the message such as "Statement: If Swx4_4 OPEN Then ON".
    You can't do this directly, but you can make things much better than they are currently. Go to the classic dashboard and rename the probe something meaningful that your wife might understand. Good examples are H2Ohigh, SumpLeak, etc.

You can also use virtual outlets if you need a few more characters.

Ex
    FillSump
    Set OFF
    If Swx4_4 CLOSED Then ON

Email
    (Existing code)
    If Output FillSump = ON Then ON

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Quote Originally Posted by leo32453 View Post
    - I would also like to be able to set the frequency of the text/e-mails as my wife and I are getting 2-6 alerts every min or so until I log in and stop the alarm manually or add water to my ATO. Some things would be great to know every sec or so, but only if it is an actual emergency like water on the floor at 3 am; however, the ATO reservoir being low can an hour or more before the second e-mail or text is sent.
    Normally you should only get alerts once per hour, but it sounds like the switch is changing state frequently giving false alarms.

Add this to your email alarm and it will prevent that issue

Defer 000:30 Then ON
    Defer 000:30 Then OFF

You can also selectively choose the times that certain alarms can occur. For example you want to be notified of a leak any time day or night but ATO you only want to know about in the evening, you can use this type of logic.

Ex.

Set OFF
    If ResLow CLOSED Then ON
    (Other low priority alarms)
    If Time 23:00 to 18:00 Then OFF
    If Leak1 CLOSED Then ON
    (Other high priority alarms)
    Defer 000:30 Then ON
    Defer 000:30 Then OFF

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User

Smile

Thanks so much for all your help I hope this also solves issues for others