Thread: New to Apex and Q about jebao PP-8

New User

Question New to Apex and Q about jebao PP-8

Hello everyone!
    I'm getting my new Apex set up starting with all the basic stuff. I have the module to use jebao wavemakers but honestly the programming has me a bit confused. I'm pretty good with stuff usually but this is a little bit much for me. Generally i learn by copying something and then i seem to understand how it works. I'm really looking for a simple W1 like setting with a continuous low setting at nite. I run AI Prime HD lights so they wont be controlled by the apex so i think I'll need some timer capabilities to change from day to night.

I'm sure this has been asked in one form or another so i apologize in advance for being "that guy" anyway Thanks for any help!

Ken

You can mimic W1 settings using a pump type profile.

The on and off times in the profile are the equivalent to the knob on the jebao controller and you want the min intensity at either 0 or 25 and the max intensity would be up to personal preference.

Once you have two set up and named you would use a code like this.

Set OFF
    If Time 08:00 to 19:59 Then Dayprofile
    If Time 20:00 to 07:59 Then Nightprofile

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    OK, thanks. I'll poke around tonight and see what i can make happen!

New User
    I believe I got them up and running. It wasn’t as intimidating as I thought once I got going. Now I can tweak and improve flow.
    Only issue I’m having now is salinity probe is way off. Calibrated twice. It’s reading 45.9 but my calibrated refractometer is 35 I checked twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KZReef View Post
    I believe I got them up and running. It wasn’t as intimidating as I thought once I got going. Now I can tweak and improve flow.
    Only issue I’m having now is salinity probe is way off. Calibrated twice. It’s reading 45.9 but my calibrated refractometer is 35 I checked twice.

Did you make sure the packet was floated in tank water for 30 minutes and kept touching water while calibrating? If not that's why it's off. Conductivity is extremely temperature sensitive.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Did you make sure the packet was floated in tank water for 30 minutes and kept touching water while calibrating? If not that's why it's off. Conductivity is extremely temperature sensitive.

I did float it to bring up to temp but didn’t keep it in while calibrating. I will try again tomorrow.

Thanks!

If it still gives you problems (you can also do it anyway and it won't hurt anything), you might want to "reset" the probe. Run a manual calibration with it unplugged then try a manual calibration with the solution.