Thread: cant get txt alarm to work

Frequent Visitor

cant get txt alarm to work

so far i went to my profile and added my # did a test and it works.
    the emailalm_15 is giving me a constant alarm of my salinity prob but that expected cause it isnt set up yet.
    so i made a vo and used code
    if leak3 closed then on

and still nothing i even made the icon email

am i missing something so i can get a txt alarm?

Post the whole code.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    thats it. thats all i have in
    vo_alarm
    Set OFF
    If leak3 CLOSED Then ON

Try disabling the conductivity alarm for now and test it again. If your email is currently in the ON state from the inputs or otherwise, it won't send another email if something else goes into alarm but may have a a different message the next time it emails (an hour by default).

Frequent Visitor
    yup i called neptune and they said the samething. thats when i learned i can make as many vo as i want. to work around that. so alarms for leaks either at tank or at my water station or another vo for temp and on and on

Frequent Visitor
    You will still only get 1 alarm at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jgarcia View Post
    i learned i can make as many vo as i want. to work around that. so alarms for leaks either at tank or at my water station or another vo for temp and on and on
    Please do not get carried away with virtual outlets, and especially for using VOs for alarms; that can get complicated, and there are some drawbacks to using VOs instead of basic program statements for alarms. Please... hold off doing such things until you have more knowledge and experience.

For now at least, just use the KISS principle, Keep It Simple & Straightfroward

For you leak sensors, name the inputs descriptively, such as LEAK-L & LEAK_R for leak sensors on opposite sides of the sump area. Then just add statements like these in your email alarm output program:

If LEAK-L CLOSED Then ON
    If LEAK-R CLOSED Then ON
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    so your saying if i have a voalarm for leak1 and a voalarm for leak2. and if they both trip and go CLOSED i will still only get 1 txt for which ever detector trips first?
    what if leak1 on if my rodi station 40ft away and leak 2 is my tank? i cant get different txt if one is already tripped. it will never tell me if the other has tripped?

Frequent Visitor
    i would just like individual alarms for different things. if my salinity oe ph trips. then i will never get a alarm for a leak at my rodi station 40 ft away.
    or is there a way to do this?

Frequent Visitor
    Don’t know how to get this to go away. I event went to salinity and disabled its

FRM:Apex Fusion
    SUBJ:Apex Fusion Alarm: apex
    MSGate: 2018-04-04 16:06:49 -0700
    Statement: If Salt < 32.0 Then ON ( 1.1)

Don’t know how to get this to go away. I event went to salinity and disabled its

FRM:Apex Fusion
    SUBJ:Apex Fusion Alarm: apex
    MSGate: 2018-04-04 16:06:49 -0700
    Statement: If Salt < 32.0 Then ON ( 1.1)
    Enable the Salt probe port, disable the alarm triggers, then disable it again.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

so your saying if i have a voalarm for leak1 and a voalarm for leak2. and if they both trip and go CLOSED i will still only get 1 txt for which ever detector trips first?
    what if leak1 on if my rodi station 40ft away and leak 2 is my tank? i cant get different txt if one is already tripped. it will never tell me if the other has tripped?

There is only one email alarm output, which is either ON or OFF. If it is active (ON) already due to one condition, a second alarm condition will not cause it to turn off then on again. VOs will not help.

[vo_alarm]
    Set OFF
    If leak3 CLOSED Then ON

There is nothing gained by using a VO with that code; it is unnecessary added complexity. Just use If leak3 CLOSED Then ON in the email output program.

And if you were to add multiple leak detectors into that VO, your will actually make things worse:
    [vo_alarm]
    Set OFF
    If leak3 CLOSED Then ON
    If leak4 CLOSED Then ON

Because then then alarm message will only tell you that the VO is ON, but which leak detector is wet. If you do as I suggested earlier:

Set OFF
    {other program statements}
    If LEAK-L CLOSED Then ON
    If LEAK-R CLOSED Then ON

then the alarm message will clearly indicate WHICH leak sensor got wet.

Frequent Visitor
    i copied exactly what you wrote and put it in the

EmailAlm_I5
    Set OFF
    If leak3 CLOSED Then ON

that is exactly it. nothing more nothing less i put water on it and still dont get a txt for a trip on leak3

the vo i was trying to use off

Frequent Visitor
    ok i got it to work. i had to keep turing off probes since tank isnt done yet and probes arent set.
    i will say tho. i dont like how if i get 1 alarm txt it blocks out all others. possibly ones more important

Frequent Visitor
    grrr well now leak3 is tripped but my pump is still on. and it was working today that if leak3 was tripped it turned off my return

it says off on my fusion for the pump but i walk over and it still on

Frequent Visitor
    i just lost control of my fusion. i cant turn lights on or off or anything. i tried 3 different devices

Did you add a statement for the leak sensor in the return pump program, so it gets shut off if a leak is detected?

If leak3 CLOSED Then OFF

Unfortunately no. The way email alerts work is that it sends an alert whenever it changes state from off to ON or vise versa. It will also send alerts again every hour if the alarm hasn't cleared by then. If one alarm happens and then another occurs less than an hour later, you will not receive an alert. If both are still in alarm an hour later, you will receive the recurring alert for whichever alert is lower in the email code.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Unfortunately no. The way email alerts work is that it sends an alert whenever it changes state from off to ON or vise versa. It will also send alerts again every hour if the alarm hasn't cleared by then. If one alarm happens and then another occurs less than an hour later, you will not receive an alert. If both are still in alarm an hour later, you will receive the recurring alert for whichever alert is lower in the email code.

go it. i saw in another thread you were in that i can change it to 30 min apart. is this possible?

- - - Updated - - -

yes. and before the link of txt it was working.
    is leak closed then off. and would come back on after i too the water off. and still had full control.
    something about the txt alarm is keeping me out. i already cleaned the water off the alarm and still no control

Please rephrase that last part. I am very confused about what the problem is.

Frequent Visitor
    sorry that was supposed to be a reply to russ some how it got put on to your reply from me.

but some how ive lost control of my apex. just now i reconnected the 4 probes to the apex brain noticed the 12v power suply was slightly out. i re re pluged it and everything i commanded it to do it did. but now i dont have control again and both return pumps are on 100% i commanded to turn both off and they are both on. i told apex to turn radions on and they are off also the sumplight is off and its supposed to be on

Frequent Visitor
    should i just do a reboot?

should i just do a reboot?
    Wouldn't hurt.