Thread: WXM

Regular Vistor

Question WXM

I plan to add 4 x Ecotech XR15 PRO to my system. I'd like to know how many WXM Modules would I need?

Frequent Visitor
    Looks that 1 unit will support 11 EcoTech devices.
    From the product description:

"Support up to 11 EcoTech VorTech Pumps - simultaneously with the Neptune Systems VorTech Wireless Expansion Module: WXM

Add this module to your Apex Controller and control multiple VorTech Propeller pumps and Radion LEDs based on time of day, feed mode, power outage mode and so much more.Complete wireless control - even for multiple tanksSupports all built-in modes of VorTech PumpsControl the Feed Mode - shut off return pump and skimmer to properly circulate food without it going into the sumpCompatible with all Apex Systems"

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/vorte...e-systems.html

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have 3 of those exact lights (G4) on 1 WXM. All 3 lights connected to the Apex immediately and were easily configured from the dash (after I pointlessly struggled with Ecotech's own software for over an hour trying to get it to work properly.)

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by rkpetersen View Post
    I have 3 of those exact lights (G4) on 1 WXM. All 3 lights connected to the Apex immediately and were easily configured from the dash (after I pointlessly struggled with Ecotech's own software for over an hour trying to get it to work properly.)

So the apex worked better then the reef link?

Quote Originally Posted by Donsreef View Post
    So the apex worked better then the reef link?
    That's what so bizarrely hilarious - Not just better, but much much better.

About a year ago, this was also my experience, with a different aquarium and control of Vortech pumps. At first, I struggled for a long time getting the ReefLink to stay connected to my network, and getting it to stay connected to the pumps, and getting commands to go through properly to the pumps, and dealing with the wonky and inconsistent programming interface (at least in my browser.) And then I got a WXM module. Holy Moly, I literally could not believe the difference. The Apex communicated with the pumps immediately and the connection has never been less than solid since. And the Apex control scheme is so much more intuitive and effective. I think the only functionality I lost in the cross-over was the Wave Auto-Tune capability, which I don't need.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by rkpetersen View Post
    That's what so bizarrely hilarious - Not just better, but much much better.

About a year ago, this was also my experience, with a different aquarium and control of Vortech pumps. At first, I struggled for a long time getting the ReefLink to stay connected to my network, and getting it to stay connected to the pumps, and getting commands to go through properly to the pumps, and dealing with the wonky and inconsistent programming interface (at least in my browser.) And then I got a WXM module. Holy Moly, I literally could not believe the difference. The Apex communicated with the pumps immediately and the connection has never been less than solid since. And the Apex control scheme is so much more intuitive and effective. I think the only functionality I lost in the cross-over was the Wave Auto-Tune capability, which I don't need.

Kool thanks I take you advice in to concentrate moving forward.