Thread: “No Comm” beside apexfusion , can’t get token

New User

“No Comm” beside apexfusion , can’t get token

I bought a used apex Jr. with a pm1 and began setting it up last night. At time of set up I had no probes attached yet, I just wanted to link to fusion. I made a fusion account, reset the apex using init memory option, and updated firmware to the latest 4.53J and self test says passed.
    I’m still however getting the “No comm” beside apexfusion and cannot get a token to save my life.... very frustrating. I have the DHCP on the apex display turned on, not sure if I need to turn on a DHCP option on my actual laptop or not. I have tried hardwiring the apex and laptop to the router, and the apex directly to the computer itself and still can’t get a token to link apex on fusion. I’m sure it must be an IP address/communication issue. Ethernet port on apex has green and amber light, all other lights on apex and pm1 are green.... just can’t figure it out!! If it’s an IP address issue, do I need to/ or can I change the IP address of the apex itself using the display? The laptop I’m using has windows 7 on it if that’s of any help. Thank you for your time and thoughts in helping resolve this issue.

If you type the current ip address of the apex into your browser can you access the classic dashboard? If not, you may need to manually tweak your network settings.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    I am having a similar issue, I have tried changing my DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 but they don't stay after the apex jr restarts.

Here is a shot of my network settings.
    JR Network Screenshot.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Js.Aqua.Project View Post
    I am having a similar issue, I have tried changing my DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 but they don't stay after the apex jr restarts.

Here is a shot of my network settings.
    JR Network Screenshot.JPG
    Do you have some complex mesh router system or something? Your network settings are extremely unusual.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    This is being done at my school, I sponsor the Marine Biology Club. I guess the school is interfering and making it difficult?

Could be. I would start by disabling DHCP and setting the DNS servers and reboot. Then enable DHCP and see if they stick. If not, I would contact support and/or wait for Russ to respond and they have a fair bit of experience with university/school/corporate networks and might see something I don't. It's also possible that the type of traffic the apex uses might be blacklisted and you would need your schools IT guy to provide an exception for your MAC address or something, so it's worth contacting them as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk