Thread: Can I give someone else limited access in Fusion?

Frequent Visitor

Can I give someone else limited access in Fusion?

It would be awesome if my child could use Fusion too, which I think is possible to set up a view only. I would really like to give him the ability to control a couple things only. Like starting a Feed Cycle (AFS/vFeed). But only give access to those specific things, everything else is view only. He is very interested in our aquarium hobby and the science/technology. I want to encourage that and he is quite competent, but I don't want to risk another outlet accidentally getting flipped ON/OFF. Is this type of access limits possible?

Regular Vistor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks, mpjones1, but doesn't really answer my question. Let me re-phrase: Could I set up a specific dashboard account for my child and he would only be able to control what was on there? This should work, but if he could change his dashboard there might be a problem. I know he won't intentionally kill the tank, but if you are familiar with 6-7yr olds who can do some primitive programming you will understand my concern. If he can change his dashboard and flip switches he might do it, possibly by accident. I can lecture him about it, and he should comply. But that's a PITA and takes the fun out. Again if you know a 6-7yr old sometimes they make mistakes. Can I make a specific dashboard for a user?

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by mpjones1 View Post

You can create another account (such as one for your son), however if you grant him access for any thing other than view. It would be possible for him to accidentally change an outlets settings. It is not possible to limit which things they can control.