Thread: PH probe calibration

New User

PH probe calibration

Any one have an idea why my PH calibration is acting this way.....what i mean is when i try to do a manual calibration at 4.00 or 7.00 can't get the reading to change off from 8.02 even if I use 4.03, 7.00, or 10.00 calibration solution, however if i move on to the second stage (10.00) of calibration which is 10.00 the readings change depending on the calibration solution used meaning (4.03, 7.00, 10.00)
    I have done a manual calibration without any probe hooked up, did an apex update, what else could i try?
    The problem only seems to be with calibrating the first stage at (4.00 or 7.00)
    Thanks!!

Ignore the displayed pH values during calibration. What matters are the settling values shown (when doing manual calibration.). Those value do not have decimal points; for normal high range (7/10) calibration, they will typically be in the low 700s and low 1000s, for example 735 and 1025.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Sorry RussM, I missed typed the value should be 802. The settling value is stuck on 802 is doesn't change when doing a manual calibration under 4.00 or 7.00 however when doing the second part (10.00), the calibration settling value changes. I get settling values in the high 900s no values in the low 1000s on the second part of manual calibrating. I even place the probe in calibration solution before selecting to do a manual calibration and what happens after i get in to do the manual calibration is the settling value will read like 636 for a split second then jumps to 802 and remains at that settling value. These probes have been in my tank for a week before doing any calibrating.

Restart the Apex, wait a couple of minutes and try again. If the problem continues, contact Neptune tech support.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    looks like that did it, Thanks!!