Thread: Wall pumps do not run in auto

Regular Vistor

Wall pumps do not run in auto

My three wall pumps as I call them will work fine when the switch is set to on but if I put them in auto they turn off? Below is a screenshot of one of them

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind they started working. I guess there is a delay
    Attached Images Attached Images

What kind of pumps are these?

There is not a delay per se; they are probably doing exactly what they are programmed to do. The one you posted screenshots of is still programmed with the default settings for the Powerhead Control Type - 5 minutes off, 5 minutes on, then 5 minutes off, a pattern which will repeat nonstop.

Those settings are meant to be modified.

If you tell use how you’ll like the three pumps to operate, we can you you assistance in setting them up.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    What kind of pumps are these?

There is not a delay per se; they are probably doing exactly what they are programmed to do. The one you posted screenshots of is still programmed with the default settings for the Powerhead Control Type - 5 minutes off, 5 minutes on, then 5 minutes off, a pattern which will repeat nonstop.

Those settings are meant to be modified.

If you tell use how you’ll like the three pumps to operate, we can you you assistance in setting them up.
    They are simply circulation pumps on back wall of my Red Sea 500 should be on all the time except feeding I would think

Program them like this to be always running :

Fallback ON
    Set ON

add any desired exceptions to them being always ON, such as If Feed statements.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Thank you

New User
    I'm having the same issue. New apexEL I just set up. I have my MP40's under the powerhead setting. They are just off when I put them on auto though... Nothing I do changes it until I switch it to on. The issue is feeding mode does not work when they are to to "on" so what is the problem here??

apex ph.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by cherub View Post
    I'm having the same issue. New apexEL I just set up. I have my MP40's under the powerhead setting. They are just off when I put them on auto though... Nothing I do changes it until I switch it to on. The issue is feeding mode does not work when they are to to "on" so what is the problem here??

apex ph.jpg
    An MP40 should either be plugged into the wall or the outlet should be set to always ON. The pump type programming is intended for pumps like Korelias to turn them on and off in a pattern. All programming of the MP40 should be done through the WXM.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Thank zombie but that's not what I asked. I dont care what "should be" if I have an outlet set for a powerhead and I want it to turn off when I hit feeding mode this should be happening. I could plug in a lamp into that outlet and if I set it on auto it should be on and when I hit feeding mode it should turn off. This is not happening.

New User
    I changed to pump type to return and it fixed my issue. thanks for the reply Zombie. I did buy this based on your recommendation on MASC lol So far so good. Had to calibrate the ph probe in manual due to 10 solution never hit the acceptabl range. I even used two types of PH solution. was off by only .15 at 10.15

Quote Originally Posted by cherub View Post
    I changed to pump type to return and it fixed my issue. thanks for the reply Zombie. I did buy this based on your recommendation on MASC lol So far so good. Had to calibrate the ph probe in manual due to 10 solution never hit the acceptabl range. I even used two types of PH solution. was off by only .15 at 10.15
    That sometimes means the BNC connector isn't fully seated. I would unplug it, run a manual calibration with it unplugged to "reset" the probe, then plug it back in and redo calibration.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    yeah I tried that based on other threads on here. I also turned it off and on, did the reset with the paper clip. It was always the same.