Thread: Flow sensor installation

New User

Flow sensor installation

I know it's advised to install the sensor vertically when reducing/increasing pipe size from pump to return, but how essential is it? I'm stepping from 40mm outlet to 25mm pipe. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as the physics are concerned it makes almost zero difference whether it's vertical or horizontal. Orientation doesn't have much effect in a pressurized system, and only has a slight effect in a gravity fed system.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    As far as the physics are concerned it makes almost zero difference whether it's vertical or horizontal. Orientation doesn't have much effect in a pressurized system, and only has a slight effect in a gravity fed system.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.
    Thanks. It was an advice note on the faq's. Surely a reduction in pipe diameter of 15mm would not create air bubbles anyway. Only an increase would do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk