Thread: Why is my right wave turning off after 5 min

New User

Why is my right wave turning off after 5 min

So when in nightwave my right wavemaker shuts off after 5 min. Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What model of pumps are these?

I do not see any reason for one to shut off after 5 minutes. Are these pumps powered through EnergyBar outlets? If so, post they programming for those outlets.

I should point out that both of the profiles you posted are invalid. You used a Pump profile, which is used to oscillate a 0-10v-controllable pump at foxed intervals between a minimum (low) and maximum (high) speed. Both of your profiles have the same min/max of 35, which means that the oscillating does not happen; they are running at the same speed (35%) all the time. If you want the pumps to run at a constant speed, then the Pump profile is not appropriate to use. You do not even need a profile to run a 0-10v outputs at a constant speed/intensity. Also, the two NightWave profiles are identical, so there is no point in using 2, when one could be used for both pumps. You can directly specify the output intensity in the If Time statement:

If Time 23:00 to 07:59 Then 35

If your daytime profiles are the same, except at a different intensity, i.e. 65%, then you can do the same for the daytime period and just specify the % value directly
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    What model of pumps are these?

I do not see any reason for one to shut off after 5 minutes. Are these pumps powered through EnergyBar outlets? If so, post they programming for those outlets.

I should point out that both of the profiles you posted are invalid. You used a Pump profile, which is used to oscillate a 0-10v-controllable pump at foxed intervals between a minimum (low) and maximum (high) speed. Both of your profiles have the same min/max of 35, which means that the oscillating does not happen; they are running at the same speed (35%) all the time. If you want the pumps to run at a constant speed, then the Pump profile is not appropriate to use. You do not even need a profile to run a 0-10v outputs at a constant speed/intensity. Also, the two NightWave profiles are identical, so there is no point in using 2, when one could be used for both pumps. You can directly specify the output intensity in the If Time statement:

If Time 23:00 to 07:59 Then 35

If your daytime profiles are the same, except at a different intensity, i.e. 65%, then you can do the same for the daytime period and just specify the % value directly
    They are jebao pumps. During the day they are different to make wave and work fine.
    I am trying to make them run a constant % thru the night. I’m new to all this so thanks for the insight!! They are run off one power supply through jebao module

New User
    So i changed my program per above recommendation and still after about 5 min the right wave stops. Hmmm so i turned to "ON" and it was fine i then thought maybe for some reason it doesn't want to run that low for extended times so i bumped it to 45 and it didn't shut off. Not sure why the other one that is the same in the tank stays on at 35 but i bumped it to 45 as well. All seems good now. They must have some kind of low power sensitivity?

Jebaos have a low cutoff that varies wildly. Anywhere from 25 to 40%

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Jebaos have a low cutoff that varies wildly. Anywhere from 25 to 40%

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.
    Well my experience is 100% verification of that! Glad I bumped it up because it frustrating me.