Thread: AI 26s (2) in 54gl tank

New User

AI 26s (2) in 54gl tank

Hi all I’m trying to figure out how to program my lights where it’s good enough for a mixed reef tank mostly sps. New to all this apex stuff so have no clue on how to set my lights where I can get good growth/color but not a lot of algae. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best way is to borrow/buy/rent a PAR meter and find out what intensity on roughly a 20k kind of spectrum will hit the optimal ranges where you intend to place each type of coral. Once you know that information, set that as your mid day intensity and a roughly 20k spectrum for anywhere from 4-8 hours. If you can't get a PAR meter, set them low to start and determine what the corals like by raising a little bit every day or two (if you see bleaching back off, if you see Browning you want to increase). Set the intensity and spectrum at sunrise and sunset to a lot more blue and violet at a very low intensity and let it ramp up/down from that to and from the midday values over several hours. Give the tank at least a few hours of complete darkness when you won't be looking at the tank, and you can have a really low intensity mostly blue and royal look whenever you don't want "daylight" for the corals but still want to view them.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.