Thread: FMK Meters on Reactors

Frequent Visitor

FMK Meters on Reactors

I thought I saw a thread that mentioned this but I can't find it. Has anyone used the 1/2 flow meters on GFO/Carbon/Bio Pellet (etc) reactors. Particularly on the output? Space is prohibiting me from putting them on the input.

Question 2 is there a flow range for the meters? I was thinking if I could not use them in the reactors, I would use one on my chiller, or UV.

- - - Updated - - -

Doing my plumbing dry fit. Can't seem to get them on the input without extra turns, or taking up valuable space.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The 1/2" are rated for 30-250 gph. If you use less than that range, you can use a 1/4" sensor which has a range of 3-12 gph

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Well I am not quite sure what a flow rate out of a reactor is

Quote Originally Posted by MHG View Post
    Well I am not quite sure what a flow rate out of a reactor is
    Put the output into a bucket of known volume. Time how long it takes to fill then back calculate.

Ex a 1 gallon container fills in 18 minutes.

Flow rate = container size / time in hours

For this example 3.33 gph = 1 gallon / (18/60 hours)

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Contributor SuncrestReef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MHG View Post
    I thought I saw a thread that mentioned this but I can't find it. Has anyone used the 1/2 flow meters on GFO/Carbon/Bio Pellet (etc) reactors. Particularly on the output? Space is prohibiting me from putting them on the input.

Question 2 is there a flow range for the meters? I was thinking if I could not use them in the reactors, I would use one on my chiller, or UV.

- - - Updated - - -

Doing my plumbing dry fit. Can't seem to get them on the input without extra turns, or taking up valuable space.
    I have 1/2" flow sensors on the outputs of my reactors, and they seem to work fine. I have the output pipe extending down past the flow sensor so it's a few inches below the sump water line. I have my GFO tumbling at about 80 gph and my carbon tumbling at about 100 gph.

Attachment 8514

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by SuncrestReef View Post
    I have 1/2" flow sensors on the outputs of my reactors, and they seem to work fine. I have the output pipe extending down past the flow sensor so it's a few inches below the sump water line. I have my GFO tumbling at about 80 gph and my carbon tumbling at about 100 gph.

Attachment 8514
    Thanks for the info. I should have plenty of pipe after. Hell it's the output so if it does not work well it's easy to take off and re-purpose