Thread: Upgraded Apex, can’t control radions anymore

Regular Vistor

Upgraded Apex, can’t control radions anymore

Hi...I upgraded my Apex Classic to the latest version, and the modules are all up to date, but it’s been catastrophic. I can no longer under any circumstances control my 8 radions with my WXM.

The radions all have the same configuration, which I post below: basically just applying profiles at different times during the day to ramp lights up and down. None of that has changed, and worked perfectly prior to this. The profiles themselves are fairly standard, defining color values and ramp times.

The symptoms are very odd. I can manually turn the lights on and they go full blast on white. I can turn them off as well. But they won’t take the profiles, except when I throw the switch that applies the “Display” profile. That sets them to the profile, but I can’t get them off it: turning off the switch doesn’t revert to the current time profile as it used to.

Needless to say this is pretty distressing. I’ve troubleshot this for 3 solid days to no avail. I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and if so how it was fixed.

The config for the lights:

Fallback ON
    If Time 07:00 to 08:30 Then CLABRampUp1
    If Time 08:30 to 10:00 Then 20KRampUp
    If Time 10:00 to 19:00 Then 20KDay
    If Time 19:00 to 20:30 Then 20KRampDown
    If Time 20:30 to 22:00 Then CLABRampDn2
    If Time 22:00 to 07:00 Then Moonlight
    If Output Set10K = ON Then 10KDay
    If Output DisplayLight = ON Then Display

Regular Vistor
    Update: same problem, but separately I’ve noticed that the Apex time keeps getting reset to May 17th, 2024 after every reboot. Again, none of this happened prior to the upgrade, and the upgrade itself seemed to go flawlessly; no errors, etc.

Anyone have something similar?

What do you mean by "upgraded"? Did you upgrade the firmware in the Apex Classic, or did you upgrade from the Classic to a new Apex (2016) controller?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Sorry, just upgraded the firmware to the latest version on my Apex classic. Just a software changes; no hardware or configuration changes.

Regular Vistor
    Anyone else had these symptoms? Not being able to control my lights is a problem...

Frequent Visitor
    This seems obvious but I have to ask, did you also update the firmware of the Radions?

Put in a ticket with Neptune. Preemtpively include your Apex serial number in the ticket and add them as a user (neptunesupport) with Manage level access through Fusion.

Article for adding Support’s user account can be found here: http://support.neptunesystems.com/su...fusion-account

Regular Vistor
    No, they’re already at the latest firmware. I guess I’ll open a ticket, just was hoping it was something relatively simple.