Thread: WAV program question

WAV program question

I noticed this morning at 10:50 that my power heads were running at 14%. I’ve never really paid attention ever since I programmed them. According to my program, they should be running at about 80% at that time. Any thoughts on this?

For most modes, the configured Percent is the max speed it can hit while in that mode.

At that point in time, the WAV was running Rincon mode. It won’t run at 81% except when at the very peak point of the pattern.

Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by henrycavin View Post
    what I experienced with the sand I really couldn't run them more than 40% without stirring up sand. What type of sand do you have? what size of tank do you have ?
    I have the aragonite Fiji pink mixed in with with the regular color in a Red Sea 750 (200 gal). I have 2 WAVs and 2 MP40s and have been adjusting the flow so that I can have an sps dominant tank since they like lots of flow.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    For most modes, the configured Percent is the max speed it can hit while in that mode.

At that point in time, the WAV was running Rincon mode. It won’t run at 81% except when at the very peak point of the pattern.

Once again Russ, you are on point. I had not even thought about that. Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by henrycavin View Post
    what I experienced with the sand I really couldn't run them more than 40% without stirring up sand. What type of sand do you have? what size of tank do you have ?
    You want 1-2 mm grain size aragonite if you want more flow without stirring up (you can add over the top if you want the extra surface area and anaerobic zone). I created a sandstorm at 25% with oolite sugar size sand but could hit 80% with a 1" layer of 1-2 mm over the top of that same sand.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.