Thread: Help calibrating temp probe

New User

Unhappy Help calibrating temp probe

So I'm trying to calibrate my probes (pH. temp, salinity) and I haven't been able to. I start off with temp and when I go to the "temp calibrate" option it only gives me a range from -14.5 to +2.1. WHY?!
    I have rebooted my base unit, I have disconnected my AquaBus cable, I have set up my wifi, and I have unplugged and plugged my energy bar. What's going on? I can't seem to calibrate any of my other probes either! HELP!

Ps. both base unit and energy bar lights have a stable, non-flashing orange light.

UPDATE 4/18/18: Temp probe was faulty; new one is up and running. Different problem now is that my base unit light is on blue. What can I do for it to turn orange?
    Last edited by aalvarado; 04-18-2018 at 11:04. Reason: update

Did you read the instructions for how to calibrate? I don't understand what problem you are even having, because when you calibrate a temp probe you will be given a field that asks you to input the correct temperature.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

I have renamed this thread to clearly indicate what it is about, and moved it to a more suitable forum than the EnergyBar forum in which it was created.

New User
    Hi,

Yes. I read old and newer versions of the Neptune Apex system. The problem is that when I try to calibrate the temperature on the display module (see below for link of module I have) it doesn't let me. I try to go to 20+ degrees but it goes to a maximum +2.1 degrees before going to the negative degrees (-14.5). I don't understand why it won't let me go passed the 2.1.
    I have nothing else plugged on the energy bar except for the base unit that connects to the display module and all its probes (temp, pH, salinity). I don't know what I'm missing.

link of display module: https://www.neptunesystems.com/wp-co...9/ADM_2016.jpg

Thanks!!

New User
    You will need to access your Apex directly via computer (going to IP address for the Apex), then in the classic dashboard, go to the probe/input set-up and select your temp probe. From there there you will have the button to calibrate. You will need to find a reliable thermometer to get the actual temperature of your water. Good luck

Just Livin' Life
    As stated, go into your local apex ip address then hover over Configuration and then select Probe/Input Setup. On mine it defaults to temp. Get a good thermometer and measure your water temp and input the corrected temp into the box. Click Finish then click Update Settings and you are done.

I'm guessing the DM is asking for a 0 reading in Celsius. So you would set up a thing of ice water and add a little salt until you reach an exact temp of 32ºF, or 0ºC and then you would calibrate. I'm just guessing on this one, but that is what first came to mind reading your post.