Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NSI Relaunch for 2018

Frequent Contributor

NSI Relaunch for 2018

Neptune Systems announces the re-launch of the Neptune Systems Insiders (NSI) Program for 2018

The 2017 NSI program was a great success; it included projects for the new products released in 2017: Flow Monitoring Kit, Automatic Top-off Kit, and the COR-15 & COR-20 Intelligent Return Pumps as well as projects for the updated APEX Fusion iOS app, pre-release testing of APEX Fusion updates, and pre-release testing of AOS/firmware for both Apex (2016) & Apex Classic. Neptune Systems deeply appreciates the contributions by everyone who participated. While over 100 people participated in the 2017 NSI program, the degree and quality of participation by several individuals stood out among other 2017 NSI program members. These persons deserve special recognition for their notable contributions to the success of the 2017 NSI program, and we extend our deep thanks and appreciation to each:

Alex Whedbee
    Ben Nicholls
    Chad Miller
    Chris Cannata
    Chuck Phillips
    Damian Brakel
    Damon Ferguson
    Daniel La Feir
    Jason Myers
    Joe Grubbs
    Jonathan Lovisolo
    Justin Littrell
    Miles McGee
    Nick Sarris
    Scott Hubbs

Standing out above all others was one person whose diligent testing, thoughtful insight, and detailed feedback while participating in multiple NSI projects made him our clear and unequivocal choice as the MVP of the 2017 NSI Program. That individual is Eric Schulist. Thank you, Eric!

About the NSI Program

For years we have been inundated with requests to beta test this product or that one. Customers are also always asking for updates on product timelines. We get it. People are fanatical about their aquariums, and many even more so about their Apex gear.
    With this in mind, we created NSI – Neptune Systems Insiders program to engage our most passionate customer base in the early release of our products.

It is not a beta program. It is instead a way for us to hopefully attract and engage customers with new products in the weeks or months before their official release to the general public. From the die-hard programming purists, to the customer that just wants to open the box and have it work with a few clicks, we look to leave no one out of the mix. Selected customers will be given the opportunity to not only be the first on the block to own our released products, but do so at an incredibly discounted cost. The only thing we ask in return is that they use the product immediately and provide ongoing feedback. If this sounds interesting to you, please take the time to complete the comprehensive application at the link below. Not everyone will be selected, but we will be selecting people of all experience levels, so do not let that discourage any of the noobs out there.

The NSI Program for 2018

The NSI program for 2018 will include projects for the Trident, for voice integration through Amazon Alexa, as well as AOS & APEX Fusion-related projects. And we'll even have something new just for you Apex Classic, Lite, and Jr owners. Oh, BTW - Who likes little green robots?

The 2018 NSI Program will be starting off with a clean slate; if you participated in and/or applied for the NSI Program last year, and wish to participate in the 2018 Program, please submit a new NSI application. We apologize for any inconvenience, but starting off fresh ensures that we have current information about your current Apex system, your aquarium(s), and such so that we can select the best candidates to invite to participate in upcoming NSI projects. This is especially necessary because so many interested persons have upgraded from an Apex Classic controller to the newest Apex model in the past year. If you were mentioned by name above, we'd love to have you back for NSI 2018!

Applications for the 2018 Neptune Systems Insiders Program will only be taken for the next two weeks. If interested, submit your application here: https://www.neptunesystems.com/nsi/

Frequent Contributor SuncrestReef's Avatar
    The NSI application form seems to get stuck on "Processing" after clicking submit. Not sure if my application actually went through. I tried re-submitting the form but then it says "Please correct errors" and after reviewing my answers I see it says "This is a required field" under my Fusion Username, even though I entered that username. My guess is that the form was partially submitted the first time, but on the 2nd try it thinks my username was already submitted so it's invalid???

Thank you so much Terence, Russ, and others at Neptune for the recognition! Sharing my comments, feedback, and helping others was just an easy thing to do when you get to try out new gear and fool around with the latest Fusion updates.

NSI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuncrestReef View Post
    The NSI application form seems to get stuck on "Processing" after clicking submit. Not sure if my application actually went through. I tried re-submitting the form but then it says "Please correct errors" and after reviewing my answers I see it says "This is a required field" under my Fusion Username, even though I entered that username. My guess is that the form was partially submitted the first time, but on the 2nd try it thinks my username was already submitted so it's invalid???

I tried throughout the day yesterday and I tried at 4AM eastern this morning and just now with same processing result. I see comments where people put much less info and it works.

Quote Originally Posted by SuncrestReef View Post
    I'm having the same issue were it get stuck "processing"

I have tried on two different browsers on separate computers running different operating systems. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I shortened all of my answers so that they fit in the textboxes without requiring scrolling.... that didn't solve anything.

Worked fine for me using Firefox this morning.

NSI Member
    First, I'm glad I could help out in the 2017 program.

I too am getting the stuck "Processing" on the 2018 NSI form. I've tried different browsers, home and at work, and on a tablet. tried yesterday and today. All attempts get stuck submitting the form.

Frequent Visitor
    Mine was stuck at processing yesterday and today. Shortened a few of my answers and it went through.

Quote Originally Posted by ruger View Post
    Mine was stuck at processing yesterday and today. Shortened a few of my answers and it went through.
    How short did you make them? Several of my answers filled the whole box and then required scrolling.... when I shortened them to fit in the box I still had the same issue....

We have temporarily put the NSI application process on hold while we continue to investigate why some people are having trouble submitting the form.

Frequent Visitor
    I just completed the application with no issues using IE.

Frequent Visitor
    I submitted yesterday, didn't have an issue. I would assume it was received.

New User
    I also submitted yesterday and it said it was submitted. Didn't receive any email confirming it or anything like that. Do we need to resubmit if we didn't have any issues?

Quote Originally Posted by joelk835 View Post
    I also submitted yesterday and it said it was submitted. Didn't receive any email confirming it or anything like that. Do we need to resubmit if we didn't have any issues?
    There is no email sent upon successful submission; as long as you saw the "Your application has been successfully submitted." message, you are good to go.

After much troubleshooting, we believe we have identified and resolved the issue encountered by some people when submitting an NSI application. The NSI application page has been re-enabled.

Please try again; post here if you have any further troubles.

Some people have posted here and on Facebook that using shorter responses to the questions helped; that was not the case - it was a hit-or-miss situation. If you already submitted an application but gave abbreviated answers to questions, please feel free to resubmit - we will screen out any duplicates, so only the most recent application will be used.

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience.

New User
    It worked fine for me yesterday using an android mobile browser.

As with many, I tried to submit a detailed application a few times yesterday, without success. Today, the application form was not available for a while, but now appears to be working (confirming SysAdmin's post), as I was just now successfully able to submit the entire document without abbreviation.

Control Freak In Training
    I keep refreshing but I can't get it to show me the questions! I'm using an ipad if that makes a difference. I will be able to try form a PC tomorrow AM

I was able to get it to work this evening too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NSI Member
    It worked for me now. Thanks.

Control Freak In Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttley000 View Post
    I keep refreshing but I can't get it to show me the questions! I'm using an ipad if that makes a difference. I will be able to try form a PC tomorrow AM
    Still no go from iPad tonight, but fine from a PC!

New User
    It worked for me. Here's to making it this time!

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks Terence for the recognition! It was a fun process and awesome program! I hope to be a chosen one for the 2018 selection!

-Cheers!

Rad! Congrats to Eric, and thanks to all (Neptune & NSI folks) for the hard work!

Regular Vistor
    dang missed out...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast