Thread: 2xTunze 6205

Regular Vistor

2xTunze 6205

I am trying to get my programming down before i make the jump from my 7095 controller to the apex for my Tunze 6205's. My tank is a standard 180g (6x2x2). I currently have 1 6205 on either end of the tank and use the 7095 controller. My controller alternates the pumps every second from 1 to another and creates a great wave. How would i program the apex to do the same? I have the stream cables, I am just not sure of the coding.
    TIA
    Lawrence

That part is super simple. You would make two profiles of type pump with the following setup.

WaveL1
    Type: pump
    Synchronize: enabled
    Divide by 10: enabled
    Initial OFF time: 0
    ON time: 10
    OFF time: 10
    Min Intensity: 0
    Max intensity: whatever you want

WaveR1
    Type: pump
    Synchronize: enabled
    Divide by 10: enabled
    Initial OFF time: 10
    ON time: 10
    OFF time: 0
    Min Intensity: 0
    Max intensity: whatever you want

In the varspd outlets start with this.

Left Pump
    Set WaveL1

Right pump
    Set WaveR1

Then add more profiles for different times to change day vs night intensity or triggered by virtual outlets with kinda random numbers placed in it to create extra turbulence at random.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    This is great. Thank you for the help. Are both of the profiles supposed to have synchronize "enabled"?

Quote Originally Posted by Renoguy View Post
    This is great. Thank you for the help. Are both of the profiles supposed to have synchronize "enabled"?
    Yes. It didn't use to work that way, but now the synchronize checkbox synchronizes all checked profiles together so you can mix and match easier.

Regular Vistor
    So I have made the 2 profiles but I Am not sure where or how to add the varspd outlets and commands. Sorry for the new guy questions.
    Tia
    Cheers Lawrence

So I have made the 2 profiles but I Am not sure where or how to add the varspd outlets and commands. Sorry for the new guy questions.
    Tia
    Cheers Lawrence
    The varspd outlets already exist. You find the one associated with where you plugged it in and add the code there. If you plugged the cable into the left jack on the base unit, the outlets would labeled by default as Varspd1_i4 and Varspd2_i4. You can easily test which pump is which by turning the varspd outlets ON one at a time and see which one turns on your pump.

Regular Vistor
    That makes sense... Thank you for your help.

Regular Vistor
    I have these 6205 tuned in now for waves. Thanks. What code would turn them to a 10% constant flow during the night?
    TIA

I have these 6205 tuned in now for waves. Thanks. What code would turn them to a 10% constant flow during the night?
    TIA
    Assuming you are current on firmware, just add this line and adjust the times to match "night"

If Time 20:00 to 09:00 Then 10

Regular Vistor
    I have the current firmware, can you explain the " just add this line and adjust the times to match "night" pls?

I have the current firmware, can you explain the " just add this line and adjust the times to match "night" pls?
    I mean exactly that. Add that line to the tunze code you already have and adjust the times how you see fit. I don't know when night is for your tank.

Regular Vistor
    Am I correct with this in my coding for the left tunze power head and then do the same for the right?

Fallback ON
    If Time 08:00 to 20:00 Then WaveL1
    If Time 20:00 to 08:00 Then 15

Regular Vistor
    I have tried this and no go...... the pumps just shut off @ 20:00

Am I correct with this in my coding for the left tunze power head and then do the same for the right?

Fallback ON
    If Time 08:00 to 20:00 Then WaveL1
    I would do this so you always have a "default" state if you play around with the code and forget to change both lines.

Fallback ON
    Set WaveL1

I have tried this and no go...... the pumps just shut off @ 20:00
    You might need more than 15. The tunze controller compensates for the deadband of the pump and the apex does not. 10% is actually probably around 30% on the apex.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    You might need more than 15. The tunze controller compensates for the deadband of the pump and the apex does not. 10% is actually probably around 30% on the apex.

Interesting.... It seems that I can not set them to come on with less than 30% power. Not much of a change from the 40% I have them running for the wave action.

Interesting.... It seems that I can not set them to come on with less than 30% power. Not much of a change from the 40% I have them running for the wave action.
    You may want to bump the wave action up then. If you were happy with 40% on the tunze controller, the equivalent apex percentage is probably somewhere around 60%.

Regular Vistor
    You may want to bump the wave action up then. If you were happy with 40% on the tunze controller, the equivalent apex percentage is probably somewhere around 60%.

Will try tomorrow. Thanks for the help. This is a bit of a learning curve. I installed the cor 20, DOS, and Auto Feeder today. I now need to figure out how to kill the the waves and cor 20 during feeding time. The system is awesome.

I have been told it does not work quite the way I thought and the percentage on the apex is closer to the tunze value than my estimated equation would imply.

Interesting.... It seems that I can not set them to come on with less than 30% power.
    This is normal; depending on the pump model, Tunze pumps do not operate below a 30-35% 0-10v intensity control signal. Some older ones would run at lower control %, but Tunze recommended not running them below 30% anyway.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    I did notice that 7095 controller will not let you go below 30% either.

I did notice that 7095 controller will not let you go below 30% either.
    If that's the case, then the percentages are probably identical between the apex and the tunze controller. I only have direct experience with jebaos, waveline, gyre, and eflux pumps (WAV too but thats different) which have deadband rejection on their controller, so on those you have to use a linear interpolation between the deadband and 100 to find the apex percentage that gives the same flow as the controller. If the tunze doesn't reject deadband, disregard my comment about needing to increase your 40 to 55 as it would not apply (unless you just want more flow than you had before).